from Lean Luxe Inc.
join our mailing list
- 09/13/2021 - The Debrief No. 574: The NYT spotlights Dimepiece’s watch maven Brynn Wallner • Roadside motels make an (upmarket, hipster) comeback.
- 09/08/2021 - The Debrief No. 573: Ana Andjelic’s bold, new Banana Republic refresh is strong • Has the pandemic made Gen Y ‘uncool’?
- 09/07/2021 - The Debrief No. 572: Status fridges are becoming the latest (post-HENRY) flex • Times New Roman doesn’t have to be boring.
- 09/02/2021 - The Debrief No. 571: Museum of Ice Cream is back with a serious case of earnest ‘founderspeak’ • Everything’s ‘crushable’ now.
- 09/01/2021 - The Debrief No. 570: Admiration for the girlboss is all but dead among its intended audience • Can a ‘sustainable Supreme’ actually be done?
- 08/31/2021 - The Debrief No. 569: Allbirds’ IPO finances reveal some fascinating findings • A bold critique of Nike’s new progressive strategy.
- 08/30/2021 - The Debrief No. 568: ‘What’s more luxurious than owning something you can’t find on Google?’ • The best rosé in the business comes from Spain.
- 08/25/2021 - The Debrief No. 567: Real milk makes a triumphant (and wholesome) comeback this summer • Aimé Leon Dore (temporarily) closes its online store.
- 08/24/2021 - The Debrief No. 566: Deeper context on Tiffany’s triple play with JayZ, Beyonce, and Basquiat • The young dealers making antiques cool again.
- 08/23/2021 - The Debrief No. 565: Dutch upstart Avant Art creates exclusive art 'drops' that sell out as fast as sneakers • The mirage of the circular economy.
- 08/20/2021 - The Debrief No. 564: Blank Street Coffee is NYC’s newest (mobile-first) coffee cart empire • Rolex has come a (long) way from its humble origins.
- 08/19/2021 - The Debrief No. 563: Inside SaksWorks, where you can (We)work inside an NYC department store • Rocking a $12,000 Cartier Tank for the first time.
- 08/18/2021 - The Debrief No. 562: New Brand Launch: Hodinkee alum Cara Barrett launches her kids watch brand, Parchie • Cashing in on the tennis boom.
- 08/16/2021 - The Debrief No. 561: The artisan ice cream boom is attracting big money seekers • The clever folks who are now (secretly) working two full-time jobs.
- 08/12/2021 - The Debrief No. 560: DTC’s worst kept secret? Brands aren’t making their own products • We’ve been drinking the ‘functional’ beverage Kool-Aid.
- 08/10/2021 - The Debrief No. 559: Buying a restored Range Rover Classic is now the ultimate status symbol • Angel investing goes mainstream.
- 08/09/2021 - The Debrief No. 558: Your inbox is flooded with brand emails and it’s not stopping anytime soon • Brandless (somehow) raises another $118M.
- 08/05/2021 - The Debrief No. 557: How Empirical Spirits experiments with ingredients to make new categories of booze • The girlboss redemption campaign.
- 08/02/2021 - The Debrief No. 556: How Bode, Todd Synder, Noah, Aimé Leon Dore all represent the new sportswear era • Ed Zitron gets his moment at The Atlantic.
- 07/28/2021 - The Debrief No. 555: Companies try to force folks back to the office (but there’s little they can do) • Chewing gum loses its cool factor.