DISTRICT 4 YOUTH COUNCIL RECRUITMENT APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016
The goal of the District 4 Youth Council is to create opportunities for youth to share their ideas on how to address issues facing our community and San Francisco as a whole. Our youth offer valuable insights and ideas, and the District 4 Youth Council will shine a light on the priorities shared by the youth in our community. Our office will work closely with members of the Youth Council to ensure their ideas and priorities are given attention in our work at City Hall, and we will also connect youth with members of our community who are already engaged in this type of work.
In order to be accepted as a member of the District 4 Youth Council, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Live within the boundaries of District 4;
- Be a student in a San Francisco middle school, high school or an undergraduate in college;
- Attend at a minimum 4 community meetings in the Sunset District per year;
- Volunteer at a minimum of 4 community events per year;
- Meet together with fellow Youth Council members at least twice annually; and
- Stay in regular contact with our office to discuss ideas.
Youth Council members will serve for one-year terms, which can be renewed annually. Applications are due on Friday, October 28, 2016 and
can be found on our website.
Please send completed applications to Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to our office by phone at (415) 554-7460 or by email to Ashley.email@example.com.