Thank you, Cozy community, for your patience as we worked through the changes that need to be made to create a more consciously redesigned shop space. Lane County is currently part of Oregon's Phase 2 reopening plan, allowing us to open for shopping, while continuing to uphold certain health and safety measures.
We are pleased to announce that, beginning Tuesday, June 16th, we will be open for yarn shopping again, with some modifications (and maybe even modifications to the modifications...we are keeping up with the experts' guidelines as best we can!).
Here are the basics for June:
- We can have a maximum of three shoppers in the store at a time. First priority for spots will be given to those who have made an appointment, which can be done through our website. Spots are scheduled in half-hour increments, but they are flexible; just please be conscientious of others who might follow you in the schedule, or who may be waiting outside. You may certainly drop-in during our open hours, but you might be asked to wait outside until space becomes available.
- Please wear a face mask. If you have reasons that you cannot safely wear a mask, please let us know what you need, and we can deliver it to you curbside.
- Please also wash or sanitize your hands, when you enter the shop. We have a sink with soap in the back, and a touchless sanitizer dispenser in the front, both of which you are welcome to use.
- Needles, hooks, and books are behind the counter, to reduce contact. Just let us know what you need, and we'll fetch it for you.
- Please avoid bringing yarn near your face and neck, even if you are wearing a mask. (The inside of your wrist or elbow can also be a good spot for checking softness and sensitivities.)
- The bathroom and seating areas will be closed for public use.
- We will not be accepting returns or exchanges at this time. If you are not sure how much yarn you will need, we'd be happy to hold extra for you, until you've completed your project.
- Right now, not all the yarn is out on the shelves, in order to create more space and air flow. If you don't see something, just ask and we'll check in the back. (Some yarns will be reappearing for our anniversary sale in August, and some yarns are on hold while the dyers and distributors navigate their own re-openings.)
We know that some of these new changes are not as "cozy" as you are used to; we hope that, as new resources for tracing, preventing, and curing COVID-19 become available, we can bring back more of the fun, educational, and social experiences that make Cozy so vibrant!