It’s time to elect education champions
With less than 90 days until the general election, we are proud to issue the frist round of 2018 bipartisan legislative endorsements, recognizing 26 candidates for Arizona Legislature. These candidates have shown a commitment to improving the education quality and achievement of Arizona school children.
At Stand, we don’t take our endorsement process lightly. In fact, in determining these endorsements, a committee comprised of Stand for Children parent leaders evaluated candidates on an education-specific questionnaire, as well as incumbents’ voting records and the candidates’ overall alignment with Stand for Children core objectives.
The candidates we endorsed are committed to addressing the reading crisis, supporting English Language Learners, and providing our schools with the accountable funding they deserve.
- Senator Frank Pratt, Senate District 8
- Representative Drew John, Senate District 14
- Representative Heather Carter, Senate District 15
- Representative J.D. Mesnard, Senate District 17
- Senator Sean Bowie, Senate District 18
- Representative Paul Boyer, Senate District 20
- Representative Rebecca Rios, Senate District 27
- Senator Kate Brophy McGee, Senate District 28
Click to read more about each candidate and view their surveys.
- Chris Ackerley, House District 2 Representative
- David Cook, House District 8
- Representative TJ Shope, House District 8
- Blake Sacha, House District 12
- Joanne Osborne, House District 13
- Tara Phelps, House District 16
- Jennifer Pawlik, House District 17
- Representative Jill Norgaard, House District 18
- Representative Denise "Mitzi" Epstein, House District 18
- Chris Gilfillan, House District 20
- Matt Bullock, House District 22
- Representative Ken Clark, House District 24
- Representative Michelle Udall, House District 25
- Roberto Sanchez Garcia, House District 27
- Kathy Petsas, House District 28
- Representative Cesar Chavez, House District 29
- Bill Brotherton, House District 30