Budget Impasse surpasses 30 Days. Governor's "Medicaid Expansion or Nothing" stance is putting all parts of State Government in Jeopardy
The stalemate between NCGA and Gov. Cooper continues. Hopefully there will be some action from him and House Democrats in the next few weeks. Local projects that will be affected are below.
- $500,000 for the Town of North Wilkesboro's water tower project in the industrial park. This effects a planned job expansion at a company and the development of the National Guard Armory.
- $50,000 for the Town of Wilkesboro's downtown building restoration project.
- $14,016,757 for Wilkes County Schools' construction/renovation fund for public school buildings
- $12,411,156 for Alexander County Schools' construction/renovation fund for public school buildings
- $5,514,320 for Wilkes Community College System's construction/renovation fund
- ELIS grant funding through Communities In Schools will be on hold. This jeopardizes site coordinators for at risk students at each of the elementary schools in Alexander County.
- $1.5 million through DEQ for stream improvements for Big Elkin Creek in Northeastern Wilkes