Call now for animals in labs
Just a quick reminder that today is the statewide call-in day for lab animals, Friend,!
Our coalition – HSUS, MSPCA, NEAVS, and the grassroots group MA Beagle Freedom – is asking animal advocates across the Commonwealth to call in today, Wednesday, May 8, in support of the "Alternatives Bill" and "Beagle Bill."
- The Alternatives Bill (H.823, S.505) would prevent the use of animal testing for products when effective alternatives are available.
- The Beagle Bill (H.758, H.764, S.534) would facilitate the adoption of dogs and cats after their use in research or testing has ended.
TAKE ACTION: Please make two brief, polite calls to your state representative and state senator to urge action on these bills (look up their phone numbers).
When you call, you'll likely speak to a staff member or leave a voicemail. Either way, you can simply state your name and the town you live in, then say something like:
Read more about how these bills would help lab animals in our factsheet.
- "As a constituent who cares about animal welfare, I’m asking you to support legislation to help animals in labs.
- The “Alternatives Bill” (House Bill 823 and Senate Bill 505) would promote effective alternatives to animal testing for cosmetics, household cleaners, and industrial chemicals.
- The “Beagle Bill” (House Bills 758 and 764 and Senate Bill 534) would facilitate the adoption of dogs and cats retired from research or product testing.
- These bills have been referred to the Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Committee, and I’d like to speak with someone in the Representative’s/ Senator’s office about how we can help advance these bills.”
It only takes a few minutes to make a difference. After your two calls, please send a follow-up email to your legislators (look up their emails). Personalizing your message will help it stand out.
Thank you to State Representative Jack Patrick Lewis and State Senator Mark Montigny for sponsoring the Alternatives Bill! Thank you to State Representatives Carolyn Dykema and Michell DuBois and State Senator Bruce Tarr for sponsoring the Beagle Bill!