Blackberry Thyme Julep & how to make a GOOD Mint Julep!
🥃 & Events!
Special Julep Cocktail Recipe Edition
for The Kentucky Derby!
We have a few recipes you might want to try for your Derby party or simply while you watch the most exciting 2 minutes in sports tomorrow!
Are you ready for the Kentucky Derby and want a cocktail that doesn’t use mint? How about a BLACKBERRY THYME JULEP?
• 2 oz bourbon
• 1 oz simple syrup
• 6 blackberries
• 1-2 sprigs thyme
• Combine in shaker.
• Add ice, shake vigorously.
• Double-strain into julep cup.
• Fill with crushed ice, garnish with loose blackberries, a sprig of thyme and a straw.
Or maybe you need a GOOD Mint Julep that’s more than just about tradition? The SECRET is about getting thr oils & aroma of the mint, not mint puree stuck in your teeth! Here’s how!
• 1.5 oz Kentucky Bourbon
• ¾ oz simple syrup
• KY Colonel mint or other mint
• Crushed ice
• Brush some of your mint leaves in julep cup and discard.
• Fill cup with ice, add ¾ oz simple syrup and 1.5 oz bourbon.
• Stir until cup frosts.
• Slap another sprig of mint and insert.
• Add straw and serve!