|Following the PTA meeting last week, here are the major points from the meeting; Click here for the full minutes from the meeting.
Decision: To have a shortened version for School website (PTA Section) and wider community distribution
Action: Kim to add shortened version to website from now on
What is the purpose of the PTA
‘Decision’: advised we are here to fund the wishlist of the staff, students and families of students
Mitre 10 Mega BBQ – this Saturday 4th March 10 – 4
Decision: No-one put their hand up to run it. However did vote $170 to spend. Debs moved, Mel seconded.
Action: Debs will find someone to organise it, approaching those who put their hand up.
Action: Mel to meet with entertainment books 28th Feb. Will report next meeting.
Decision: Set for 29th May @ 6:30pm. PTA will follow. We will need a new secretary.
Action: Kim to please add to School Calendar (that is in newsletter)
Brad Meads is the staff member all year
- Technology is so well received even this early in the year. Amazing teaching tool
- $250 the PTA provides is very much appreciated and greatly needed.
Sam Keen presented proposal for tents
- Smiths City provided a quote for $95 for a tent
- It would be used for all senior camps this year
- Would help us to build a stock, and also teach students how to put up before camp
Decision: The PTA would contribute $1000 for the purpose of purchasing tents. (This is based on 10 tents at the quote above, to make it ideal for the largest group using them)
Action: Mel to liaise with Sam about a different quote,
Mel to put payment through.
Sam Keen then presented proposal for discounts for school camps
Decision: The PTA will offer a scholarship of $430 (based on 2 students) for Kim’s discretion. Any money not used will be put forward to the senior camps. A decision will be made closer to the time about any other support which can be given.
Action: Kim and Mel to liaise if necessary.
The Plan for the year: Looking at two larger fundraisers throughout the year. Many different ideas discussed. We need to make sure that our fundraisers are time and energy efficient while making the most money.
Action: Ingrid to look into First Aid Kits as a fundraising possibility.
Action: Mel to look into Eco Soaps
Action: Debs will find out about baking paper and will let the PTA know if it would be a successful money maker.
Swimming: Are we funding term 4?
Decision: Debs moved we set aside $1000 for swimming Term 4. Bruce seconded. By having some funding it will help Kim with grants she sources throughout the year.
Action: None needed – just for Kim to be informed.
Good in the hood: We have applied for Z Kaikorai. Will advise if this is successful.
Student Council Support
Decision: We would set aside an amount. Students (with Andrea Elvines) will need to come up with a well-researched idea and present to the PTA. Once granted it is expected they will report back. This was decided as acceptable by Brad and Sam.
Action: Debs/Ingrid to have a letter given to Andrea to present to the council.
Sun Umbrellas for the picnic tables: Are we reimbursing school (we did heavily discuss this)
Decision: Yes, we will reimburse school $400 (8 umbrellas)
Action: Mel to liaise with school