Renee Trent Maxey
Your Representative on the State Central Committee
"If we ever forget that we are "ONE NATION UNDER GOD", then we will be a nation gone under."
- Ronald Reagan
I would like to share with you, on an on-going basis, the actions taken at each of the SCC meetings. This information will be sent to you in my report entitled "The Bottom Line". I may use this report, also, to communicate with you at other times on topics that pertain to SCC business. As one of your six representatives on the State Central Committee, I want to keep you informed. I always welcome your advice and counsel and any questions you may have for me regarding the State Central Committee.
"The Bottom Line"
The next meeting of the SCC is scheduled for June 22, 2019 . These meetings, of course, are open to anyone who wishes to attend.
Maxey Bullets Re: 5th Congressional Business
5th District Committee News:
- The 5th Congressional District Committee received a notice by email on 5-7-19 from District Chairman Melvin Adams stating he had received a resignation notice form State Central Committee member, Joanne Holden, which takes place at the date of which she officially moves out of our 5th Cong. District (around 6-12-19). Melvin Adams stated he believed it is important to address this vacancy as a Committee so that our District can maintain all of our votes at SCC in order to properly and fully represent the District. A 5th Congressional District Committee meeting was already scheduled for 5-11-19 so this vacancy matter was not a part of the Call and therefore could not be included on the agenda by decision of the District Chairman. He stated it could be included if the district committee membership felt it is important to do so on 5-11-19. Further, he stated, that if it is the desire of the district committee, a motion from the floor would be needed to amend the agenda to include nominations to fill the vacancy and that the motion would require the district committee's support.
- After the district committee was made aware of the resignation notice on 5-7-19, two individuals stated their interest in running for Joanne Holden's seat. Those two individuals are Will Pace (PIttsylvania) and Nancy Rodland (Charlottesville).
- On 5-11-19, at the District Committee meeting, a motion was made to fill the position that day. After discussion and a vote, the motion failed. Subsequently, a motion was made to hold a special meeting for the purpose of addressing this matter one week later on 5-18-19 for the purpose of filling the vacant SCC seat. That motion failed.
- A few individuals and I spoke to the District Committee about this matter making the point that there should be more time given for notice of the vacancy in case there are any other individuals across the District who may wish to consider whether they would be interested in running for this position. This particular position is always voted on at the district's quadrennial convention, and would normally be voted on next in 2020. The person who is elected to fill this vacancy will fill the unexpired term of Joanne Holden and that seat will, again, be voted on in 2020.
- I made a motion that we consider a date in the first half of June, either June 1st, 8th or 15th to hold the special-called district committee meeting so that this matter would not be as rushed and that others across the District could be given ample notice of the vacancy, as well as time to consider whether he/she is interested in serving on the State Central Committee and running for the position. It passed, and the District Committee agreed on Sat., 6-1-19, as the date for the District Committee to meet and vote for an individual to fill Joanne Holden's seat on the SCC.
- District Chairman Melvin Adams stated he will send the meeting time and location to the District Committee the first of this week.
- Please know that moving this vote to next month had nothing to do with anyone who announced, within the last few days, that they are interested in running for the seat. Moving the election to next month merely gives the District, as a whole, more opportunity to give notice of the vacancy and more opportunity for anyone to decide whether he/she is interested in running for the position.
- For anyone who is interested in running for this SCC seat, please notify District Chairman Melvin Adams by calling him at 540-525-7769 or emailing him at email@example.com. Again, he stated he will send to the District Committee where the meeting will take place on 6-1-19 and at what time it will begin.
- Please give me a call if you have any questions about the duties and responsibilities of a State Central Committee member. I can be reached at 434-390-8203.
- Aside from Joanne Holden, 5th Cong. District State Central Committee members currently are Melvin Adams, Travis Witt, Ed Yensho, Will Kirk and myself.
Republican Party Plan click here