Lasting Power of Attorney -
Getting the right legal advice!
There may become a time when you or your loved one needs to implement a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) to ensure that your decisions and wishes on your financial and health matters are implemented. It is important, therefore, that you receive the correct legal advice and support whilst registering your LPA.
Olivers Legal Services is a Legal Firm based in Doncaster who provides specialised information to help their clients plan for their future. Legally this is known as Wealth Management and Olivers Legal Services deal almost exclusively with this one area of law – Wealth Management – and as such, are best placed to offer specialist FREE legal advice.
Olivers offer Lasting Powers of Attorneys (LPAS’s) as follows:
Lasting Powers of Attorney for Health and Welfare
Having a Lasting Power of Attorney for Health and Welfare in place means that if the individual is not able to manage their own affairs, their appointed Attorney can make the following decisions on their behalf:
Lasting Power of Attorney for Finance and Property
- The type of health care and medical treatment they would like to receive including life-sustaining treatment
- Where they live and
- Day-to-day matters such as their diet and daily routines
Having a Lasting Powers of Attorney for Finance and Property in place will enable the appointed Attorney to carry out the following:
Please note the appointed Attorney can only make these decisions in the following circumstances:
- Manage their bank account
- Make or sell investments
- Pay their bills or
- Buy or sell their home should they need alternative accommodation in the future
- When the service user can no longer do so
- Where there is medical evidence to support the fact the service user can no longer manage their own affairs
- After the LPA’s have been registered with the Office of the Public Guardian