Notice of Annual General Meeting of the Australian Weta Class Association Inc
This is to give notice that the 2019 AGM of the Australian Weta Class will be held on Saturday 20th July 2019 at 8.00am AEST, online via a Google Hangouts teleconference (See Notes below for instructions to join the call).
Full members are eligible to vote on agenda items. Non-members (Observers) may listen in but may not participate in the discussion, unless invited to do so, and may not participate in voting.
Extended membership offer: If you want full participation in the future of the Australian Weta Class, and to join in any of the AWCA events in 2019-20, join or renew before the meeting and your membership will be extended for the 2019-20 year as well.
How to join AWCA
Register or Renew and pay for AWCA membership through the Australian Sailing RevSport System here.
1. Welcome by the President of AWCA
2. Approval of the Minutes of the last meeting
3. Election of Officers
4. General Business
- Proposal to adopt SQ 9.3 Sail as Standard
- Proposal to allow either SQ 9.3 or Pin 8.3 Sail to be used for a day of a Class event.
- Proposal for a single yardstick to be used for all Wetas whether foam core or hex core.
6. Any Other Business
Full version of the Agenda available here
Non-members may attend as an observer but will not be able to speak unless invited to do so by the meeting chair.
If you have any documents or submissions you want to share with the Meeting, please upload them to the Class Association Meetings folder on Google Drive
Delegates are urged to take time to read the agenda and the submissions in advance and come prepared, including getting familiar with Google Hangouts.
We will be using Google Hangouts for the meeting. You will need a free Google or Gmail account to use Hangouts.
To save bandwidth, we will likely only use the audio conferencing function of Hangouts so you do not need a Webcam to participate.
You can use Hangouts from a PC by going to Hangouts.google.com or download the Hangouts app for iOS and Android on tablet or phones.
If you're not familiar with Google Hangouts, please take a look at the Help here.
Quick start video
In depth tutorial video
How to join the Hangouts call
Either click this link and login with your Google or Gmail account (If you’re using the App on a phone or tablet it will open automatically)
Or join the Hangout from Google Calendar (which will also send you a reminder with a link to the call)
- Go to the Calendar Event here and login with you Google or Gmail account. Select Yes on the Yes/No/Maybe option.
- At the time of the call click the link next to Video call in Calendar or click the link in the email reminder.
- In the Hangouts window that opens, click Join