Malicious Call Identification - MCID
In the event that a member of staff receives a call of malicious intent from either an internal or external source, the following procedure should be followed to alert and forward the call to security.
1. During a phone conversation, select the MCID soft key button, by pressing the ‘more’ button twice, and then selecting the MCID button.
2. This will flag the call and send the alert immediately
3. Since the call will be investigated, the user should follow up with a call to ITS EX 3000.
4. NOTE: This feature should only be used in genuine circumstances such as:
- Harassment calls - Threatening calls - Obscene calls
5. Once the key is pressed it will tag the current call and send an immediate alert to security.
6. The University’s security will be obliged to investigate all calls that are indicated as Malicious using this feature.
7. In some cases, the University may also be obliged to contact relevant legal authorities.