ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC, GORGONZOLA AND WALNUTS
yield: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz (about 2 tablespoons) crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, then using your hands give them a quick toss to spread the oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Take out baking sheet and drizzle balsamic vinegar over asparagus. Top with gorgonzola and walnuts then place back into oven. Set oven to broiler and broil for 2-4 minutes (watch carefully!) until cheese starts to bubble. Serve immediately.
This delicious recipe brought to you by AGGIE'S KITCHEN