September 8th is National Grandparents Day!
Want to talk to an expert regarding the importance of Grandparents in preparation of Grandparents Day?
- Nationally-known Key Note Speaker & Scholar
- President of the National Association for Grandparenting
- Former Leader of the National Center for Fathering
- Served as founding member of former Vice President Al Gore’s “Father to Father” Initiative
- Executive Director of the Boone Center for the Family at Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA.
- Awarded the Father of the Year (1993) by the National Congress for Men and Children
- Recipient of the Polish Presidential Medal of Honor (2007).
- Presented at more than 200 conferences in a variety of communities, including fatherhood and family conferences in Mexico, Poland, Australia, Russia, Ukraine and Singapore.
- Author of the award-winning 7 Secrets of Effective Fathers , The Heart of a Father, The Adventures of Fatherhood Series, They Call Me Dad, as well as several book chapters in edited texts.
- Guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show (twice), NBC’s Today Show, ABC’s World News Tonight, Focus on the Family, and numerous radio programs.
We have Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and even Children’s Day, but did you know we also have Grandparents Day?
Grandparents Day is designed to honor the roots of our families – the beginning of our family trees – the origin of who we are – and the contributions they have made in our lives and the lives of others.
The purpose of the day is
- Honor grandparents
- Give grandparents an opportunity to reconnect with family members, and
- Make children more aware of the guidance, advice, and wisdom older people have to offer.