Mary Bawden, Director
Unable to judge for themselves and flowing with the trendy content, children have misogyny and sexism slowly normalised for them.
Children are not little adults. A well-acknowledged fact we know, but which most of us conveniently ignore.
My work as a dance instructor has given me opportunities to engage with children at various levels.
» Hyper-Sexualized Dance & Effects on Children
» Pornography and Criminal Behavior and Attitudes Research
» Pornography and Relationship Damage Research
» Porn & Sexual Violence Research
» Sexualized Media & Kids Research
» Porn & Trafficking
» Harms To Children
» Pornography Addiction
» Porn Increases Violence Against Women
About Mary Bawden:
- Director of Soul to Sole Choreography
- Talks about the hyper-sexualization of children under 12 in adult costumes, choreography and music.
- Advocate for healthy, age-appropriate guidelines wherever dance is taught – to protect children and the art of dance.
- Spokesperson, Speaker for the National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Provides education and resources to end the sexualization of children in dance.
- SonLight Dance (now known as Soul to Sole Choreography) began in 1994 under the direction of Mary Margaret Bawden.
- Soul to Sole Choreography was formed as a California nonprofit charitable trust in the Fall of 2003 and is recognized as tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board.