Mozambique: 200kWp solar power plant has been inaugurated (Afrik21)
- The plant will be connected to a mini-grid in Matchedje and will supply power to 400 households.
South Africa: 50MWp Boikanyo solar power plant begins commercial operations (Afrik21)
- The facility is located in the Northern Cape province and was funded by the IDEAS Fund, which is run by the African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM).
South Africa: Absa refinances three wind farms from Globeleq (Afrik21)
- The South African bank has purchased USD351 million in debt from Globeleq to improve the capital structure of the projects, which have a combined capacity of 238MW.
South Africa: Absa and African Rainbow Energy and Power (AREP) launch renewable investment platform (ESI)
- The platform will invest in renewable technologies including solar, wind, and battery energy storage solutions. It has already secured an investment pipeline and has partnered on a number of bids into Round 5 of South Africa’s highly successful REIPPP.
South Africa: Energy Minister publishes long awaited amendments to the Electricity Regulation Act (Engineering News)
- Recent clarifications and additions to the amendments have been broadly welcomed by the market.