Africa - general
Algeria: Government prepares call for clean energy tenders (Afrik21)
- The 100MWp tender will launch between June and July of this year and will be divided into 10-100MWp lots, all of which are open to foreign investment.
General: Starsight Energy is expanding into East Africa (PV-Magazine)
- The West African developer has acquired a 50% stake in the Kenyan subsidiary of East African peer Premier Solar Group.
General: USTDA provides grant for battery feasibility studies (ESI)
- The grant, totalling just over USD1 million, will fund initial studies on large-scale battery storage projects in Mozambique and Senegal.
General: DLA Piper and Invest Africa partner on development of ESG best practises (ESI)
- The partnership will focus on establishing ESG best practices for African renewable energy projects, which has become an essential component of fundraising efforts.
General: Report indicates USD200 billion climate investment market opportunity (ESI) / (Report)
- The “A Green Energy Future for Rural Africa” report uses extensive analysis to produce three feasible market scenarios with which the energy needs of both rural households and SMEs in Africa could be met.