As we draw towards the end of another year, we want to remind you of the impact your support has had on the lives of women, their babies and families. Without you we simply would not exist, so thank you.
This year has been wonderful and phenomenally busy!
Here are some of the things we have been able to achieve because of your support:
Always endeavouring to spend donations carefully, we achieved all this with just 3 part time staff and many very generous volunteers.
- Increased awareness of the signs of pre-eclampsia among women by distributing 300,000 brand new Pre-eclampsia: Know the signs leaflets (your copy enclosed) to pregnant woman throughout the UK in Emma’s Diary packs
- Raised the profile of APEC and pre-eclampsia by recruiting a lovely new Patron - TV’s Dr Dawn Harper
- Orchestrated the first pre-eclampsia debate in the House of Lords: Why are Babies Dying in the UK? This lead to the roll out by the NHS of the new tests for pre-eclampsia in NHS England
- Improved women’s care by running a record 8 multidisciplinary study days across the UK, reaching over 400 healthcare professionals and training 2500 midwives and student midwives on our e-learning course.
- Continued to promote pre-eclampsia research to improve outcomes for mothers and babies through our Experts Day reaching 100 from around the world and our Redman Walker Bursary for Research students.
- Gave advice and medical referrals to over 300 people across a range of helpline platforms, including telephone, email and social media.
The UK is now one of the safest places to have a baby, our hard work is paying off.
But there are still women and babies dying.
With your support, we can continue to work towards a world
where there are no deaths from pre-eclampsia.
This Christmas, will you consider making a one off gift or a regular donation?