It has been two months since the last update, and there has been significant progress on the interior and exterior of the Potomac Science Center building. New construction photos are included below.
Tell Your Neighbors!
Ask your fellow community members to subscribe to this newsletter.
To submit photos taken from your home or office window, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Formed, poured and finished stairs at amphitheater seating and excavated footing for paver restraint walls
- Flushed chiller lines and conducted additional building wide and microclimate HVAC preparation
- Installed exterior trim at level 2 ribbon windows west side
- Completed laying brick on the south end at the loading dock, worked on clean up
- Installed sprinkler lines at exhibition gallery, and continued installation of pipe insulation
- Gravel backfilled at Amphitheater Stairs and Water Bench arc wall
- Installed Loading Dock exterior steel doors
- Hung River Level partition and Stair 02 perimeter interior walls drywall; continued throughout the building
- Installed Traction Elevator 01 system, work begun on elevator 02 and 03
- Significant progress on elevator system in NE of parking garage
- Roughing-in for light fixtures at the north end Amphitheater concrete stairs and Water Bench from the north end Entrance Vestibule
- Crane swung and set (2) galvanized steel beams for the NE bridge; started installation, welded and bolted connections
- Cached loose ends on power for HVAC & Elevators 01 and 02, and lighting wiring on all floors levels
- Passed several inspections in advance of continued work