Meet Dragon & Donkey
Zilker Theatre Productions is thrilled to introduce you to our daring Dragon (Celeste Castillo), and dramatic Donkey (Patrick King).
Costume Design for ZTP's Donkey & Dragon
Click on the images above to see ZTP's Dragon emerge in rehearsals
Celeste on Playing Dragon
1. Friends and family are incredibly important to me, and like Dragon, I’ll protect the things and people that I love fiercely! (I like to think that Dragon only incinerated those other knights because she was given the job of protecting Fiona.)
2. When I decide what I want, I will stop of nothing to get it. Dragon decides she wants to keep Donkey around because he’s the first “person” to make her feel beautiful. When I want that second serving of ice cream I DEFINITELY don’t let anyone get in my way!
3. Belting out songs is one of my favorite things to do. Dragon belts out Forever - and let’s be honest- she probably belts out a million other songs to keep Fiona entertained while she’s locked up in the tower!
"I am LOVING being back on The Hillside. Getting the chance to step into Dragon’s glittering heels every night is very empowering. She is a “Big, Big girl” who is fierce, loyal, and confident. I can’t wait for you to meet her!"
Patrick on Playing Donkey
1. We are both hyper active 24/7, but can break down those barriers and be serious when there is a time and place for it.
2. Donkey's imagination is out-of-this world creative. I believe mine is, too, but maybe not quite as colorful and vivid. He doesn't have friends so, of course, he thinks of the craziest stuff.
3. I'm going to have abs and buns of steel after squatting for 6 weeks straight...
"I love that even though Donkey is almost the silliest, loudest, most outrageous and annoying character in the show, he is also the most real. I say this because he's crazy, but will you the truth even when it hurts. But he is only doing it to help his friends, and hopes to help them become better for it. He's not afraid of what anyone thinks or has to say about him, so that's something I myself can learn from Donkey. Be YOU. There isn't any place in this world for you to be someone else."
We're excited for you to see this dynamic duo in action at The Zilker Hillside Theater!