Woodcliff Council Meeting Summary - January 8, 2019
At our regular meeting on January 8, 2019 Council members met to address various business items with the majority of the meeting spent discussing a second draft budget for Woodcliff. Council is delighted to say we have passed a draft budget to be presented to the congregation at the ACM on March 17, 2019.
Other highlights from the Council meeting include:
- We are truly thankful for the abundance that surrounds us as our givings were up at the end of December enabling Woodcliff to finish the year in a surplus position.
- Rev. Eric reported that the three Christmas Services were very well attended and hopefully we will see some of those people returning on a regular basis.
- Two TVs and mounts were purchased for the church to be installed on the stairs and downstairs to inform visitors of the happenings at Woodcliff.
- Opportunities are being explored to find new long-term renters at Woodcliff.
- The Nominations Committee continues to search for new individuals to fill the positions of Nominations Chair, Vice-Chair and Chair (or Co-Chair) of Council, Regional Representative for 2019 as well as a Treasurer in 2020. Information on these opportunities will be displayed in the Narthex.
- The 2018 gift of a $15,000 grant from Flair Foundation will become part of the Legacy Gift fund for Woodcliff, to be spent on a capital project in the future.
- Five Woodcliff policies relating to Technology/Communications/Emergency Response were accepted to be presented to the congregation at our ACM and we expect the sixth one relating to Privacy / Duty of Care will also be ready by March. The Property Policy will also be circulated to Council by our next meeting with an intention to be completed by the ACM.