SURFSIDE PARK CONSTRUCTION got underway in Avalon this past week. The new park will be located at 30th Street & the boardwalk and will feature a stage and event area, a play area, restrooms, and a picnic pavilion. Construction is expected to be finished prior to Memorial Day 2019. SNJ Today news interviewed Business Administrator Scott Wahl about the park; watch the interview here:http://www.snjtoday.com/story/39337214/avalon-begins-construction-on-new-surfside-park?fbclid=IwAR1fHZexGiwouip0XqttMu1pyD79rGm34Cn5RcKPi1heUWfsvHgZ8OLNqZI
HALLOWEEN FUN this weekend! A variety of Halloween related activities are available on and around the Island this Saturday. Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival (11am-4pm) will feature trick-or-treating in local stores, as well as hayrides. “Boo at the Zoo” runs from 10am to 2pm at the Cape May County Zoo and features a costume contest, kids’ activities, and of course, animals on display. Saturday evening Avalon’s Trunk-or-Treat runs from 5pm to 7pm in the 28th Street parking lot. In addition to treats, there will be pumpkin decorating, funnel cake, and caramel apples!
Capturing the subtle colors of an October sunset…as the sun sank over the bay, the soft pink hue over the ocean reflected on the wet beach sand.
DOZENS OF VOLUNTEERS helped last weekend with Beach Sweeps in Avalon & Stone Harbor, and dune grass planting in Avalon. Thanks to all who helped clean and improve our beaches & dunes! Avalon’s dunes are scheduled to receive an aerial fertilization this week.
FALL FISHING remains hot! Summertime catches of flounder, tuna, and mahi-mahi have given way to sea bass, tautog, and stripers. Day boats are reporting strong catches of sea bass, with anglers hitting their daily limits. Stripers are beginning to show up in local waters as they move southward. Water temperatures are still in the sixties, and striper catches will likely improve further as cooler weather and water move in.
SAVE THE DATE: THANKSGIVING WEEKEND! The always-popular Thanksgiving Weekend is just four weeks away, and will once again feature a variety of family-oriented holiday activities. Avalon will offer it’s Festive Friday & Snowfest Saturday, while Stone Harbor will host its Island Holiday celebration. The weekend concludes with a huge Christmas parade in Stone Harbor Saturday night. Put the weekend on your calendar—more details to follow!
YOUR REFERRALS ARE APPRECIATED! If you know a friend, coworker, or neighbor looking to buy, sell, or rent in Avalon or Stone Harbor, I’d appreciate you putting me in touch with them! My business is built on referrals, and I strive to take excellent care of my clients. Of course, if you are in need of real estate assistance, please call me!
- Drop-In Tech Workshop, help with questions regarding your computer, phone, iPad, software or an app, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, October 27
- Turn In of Expired or Unused Medication for Safe Disposal, Avalon Police Department, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 27
- Boo at the Cape May County Zoo, games, inflatable obstacle course entertainment, animals, pirate ship, costume contest, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 27
- Stone Harbor’s Kids’ Harvest Festival, trick or treating in the shops, hayrides, pumpkin decorating & more throughout the 96th Street Shopping District, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, October 27
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat, Avalon’s 30th Street Parking Lot & Community Hall, 5-7PM, Saturday, October 27
- Trick or Treat Night, 5-8PM, Avalon & Stone Harbor, Wednesday, October 31
- Ghoul Spring Village Event, Historic Cold Spring Village, 7-10PM, Friday & Saturday, November 2 & 3
- Lecture & Slide Show on Lost Cape May County chronicling hotels, churches, train stations, etc. that no longer stand led by architectural historian Joan Berkey, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, November 3
- Carry on The Songs of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Concert, Harbor Square Theater, doors open at 8:30PM, Saturday, November 3
- Yoga at the Zoo, $20 suggested donation goes directly to the care and feeding of the animals, Cape May County Zoo, meet at the zoo entrance at 8:45AM, Saturday, November 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Monthly Meeting featuring guest speaker Scott Wahl, Boro Business Administrator, Avalon Senior Center, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, November 10
- Art Workshop: Decoupage Holiday Shells, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, November 10
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 10
- American Legion Post #331 Veterans’ Day Ceremony, Veterans Plaza in Avalon, 11AM, Sunday, November 11
- Stone Harbor’s American Legion Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617-2nd Avenue, Noon, Sunday, November 11
- Creative Writing, feedback on poetry, memories, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 17
This 8-bedroom Victorian style oceanfront home offers magnificent ocean views in Cape May!
821 Beach Drive, Cape May, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 182420
9501 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $719,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184539
311 42nd Street, Avalon, $1,699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184632
5252 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184561
2109 Harbor Avenue, Avalon, $1,850,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184599
211 118 Street, Stone Harbor, $1,899,500, ACTIVE MLS#: 184562
128 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,125,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184595
214 50th Street, Avalon, $2,600,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184605
83 E. 14th Street, Avalon, $4,199,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184544
606 42nd Street, Avalon, $6,750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184623
Properties Under Contract:
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $485,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184148
700 First Avenue, Unit 406, Avalon, $599,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184107
241 28th Street, Avalon, $899,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184311
1113 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $1,049,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179601
455 21st Street, Avalon, $1,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183383
231 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184610
154 106th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,699,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182528
260 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,888,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181868
53 E. 14th, Avalon, $2,599,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184323
11713 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179742
177 80th Street, Avalon, $365,000, SOLD MLS#: 182260
234 21st Street, Unit 204, Avalon, $475,000, SOLD MLS#: 182902
351 96th Street, #408, Stone Harbor, $577,500, SOLD MLS#: 182506
6369 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $965,898, SOLD MLS#: 182365
211 65th Street, Avalon, $1,810,000, SOLD MLS#: 182643
215 122nd Street, Stone Harbor, $2,522,500, SOLD MLS#: 182191