MARKET STATS: 45 units were sold in Avalon and Stone Harbor during the month of October, about even with last year, while the number of active listings fell slightly to 238. The median sale price decreased to $1,200,000, down from a year ago, but the number of current contracts increased to 34. For a detailed look at the market, see the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report:
View The Latest Long & Foster Market Minute Report | Download/Print PDF
Click above for the latest stats from Long & Foster’s Market Minute report.
AVALON COUNCILMAN RICHARD DEAN submitted a letter of resignation to the Avalon Borough Council, effective November 30th. Dean has been a member of the Borough Council since 1987; he cited health issues as the reason for his departure. Avalon Mayor Martin Pagliughi said “Dick Dean has left a legacy of public service in the Borough of Avalon for which the public will benefit for generations to come.” Avalon Borough Council is accepting letters of interest until December 5th from Avalon residents interested in filling the remainder of Dean’s term, which expires June 30th, 2019. Interested candidates will be interviewed by Council at a closed session on December 12th.
160 LOCAL FAMILIES HOSTED Coast Guard recruits from Cape May for the Thanksgiving holiday, thanks to Operation Fireside. Initiated 38 years ago, Operation Fireside allows recruits time off with host families, allowing them to relax, eat a home-cooked meal, watch television, and call family members at home.
AVALON RESCUE SQUAD purchased a new 2018 Ford E450 Horton Ambulance, replacing a 14 year old model. The new $217,000 ambulance was funded entirely through donations, and provides the latest safety features for patients and crews.
CONGRATULATIONS KELSEY AND DAVID! Immediately after Mayor Pagliughi and Santa lit Avalon’s Christmas tree this past weekend, David Schweizer and his girlfriend Kelsey got engaged! The couple is planning a December 2019 wedding. Congratulations David and Kelsey!
- Drop in Tech Workshop for Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones, help with questions regarding your computer, iPhone, iPad, software or an app, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM Saturday, December 1
- Christmas Open House, Sea Isle City Historical Museum, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 1
- Avalon Historical Society Holiday Party & Annual Meeting, Avalon History Center, 4-7PM, Saturday, December 1
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Monthly Meeting, Avalon Senior Citizens’ Building, 10AM, Saturday, December 8
- Holiday Stroll in Sea Isle City, town wide discounts & hospitality in the businesses and shops, Saturday, December 8
- Pinch the ‘Grynch’ Boardwalk 5 K run & 1-mile walk, start in the Wildwood Convention Center, dress in festive holiday outfits for prize opportunities, 9AM registration, 10AM start, Saturday, December 8
- Windows Computer & Android Smart Phone Drop In Tech Workshop, help with questions regarding your computer, phone, software or an app, Avalon Free Public Library, 11:30AM-1PM, Saturday, December 8
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on books, stories, etc, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 15
- Christmas Music Lecture & Sing Along, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, December 15
- Breakfast with Santa presented by Girl Scout Troops 42358 & 46436, crafts, Christmas cards for the Military, bake sale, WIBG personalities, more, Avalon Community Hall, 9AM-Noon, Sunday, December 16
- Happy ‘Noon’ Year, celebration for the kids, 11AM-12:30PM, Avalon Free Public Library, Monday, December 31
- Job Search Workshop with Sean Farrell presenting options for best ways to get a job online, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, January 5
- The First Frontier: Yeoman-Whalers & the Origin of Cape May County, presentation by Jim Stephens of Historic Cold Spring Village discussing the 17th century whaling industry on the Delaware Bay and how it led to the creation of CMC, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, January 5
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Dinner with Guest Speaker, $7 for members, $12 for non-members, bring a dish to share, 6PM, Friday, January 25
Extensively updated, this rancher is ready for you!
138 30th Street, Avalon, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184748
233 235 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $465,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185081
545 22nd Street, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185076
36 W. 19th Street, Avalon, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185082
175 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185078
11601 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185085
Properties Under Contract:
690 Avalon Blvd., Avalon Manor, $295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 170928
505 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $599,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183810
237 48th Street, Avalon, $1,380,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182645
2109 Harbor Avenue, Avalon, $1,850,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184599
5 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184377
10800 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $555,000, SOLD MLS#: 178987
2337 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $885,000, SOLD MLS#: 184143
1113 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $975,000, SOLD MLS#: 179601
237 64th Street, Avalon, $1,849,000, SOLD MLS#: 183741
53 E. 14th, Avalon, $2,487,500, SOLD MLS#: 184323
7708 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $2,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 179287