Santa has been riding the rails between Tuckahoe and Richland aboard vintage railcars owned by Cape May Seashore Lines.
CAPE MAY SEASHORE LINES has been escorting Santa on the rails of South Jersey the past few weeks. Catch a ride with Santa aboard vintage passenger cars that used to ply the same rails, hauling visitors to and from the Jersey Shore on a daily basis years ago. Santa Express trains depart from nearby Tuckahoe and Richland Stations through December 23rd, with an additional Winter Express on Saturday, December 29th (minus Santa, who will be back at the North Pole by then.) Adult fares begin at $18 with child fares beginning at $12. Learn more here: http://capemayseashorelines.org/santa_express.php or check the full schedule here:http://capemayseashorelines.org/santa_fares.php
THE SAILBOAT that was stranded on Sea Isle’s beach for four days has been pulled off the beach, and was towed to a marina in Longport for repairs. The captain of the sailboat, who lives aboard the boat, was enroute to Key West to spend the winter before running aground last weekend. After repairs are made he intends to complete his journey to Florida.
LOCAL HOLIDAY GIFTS AND STOCKING STUFFERS: Add a little bit of Seven Mile Island to your holiday! Consider purchasing gifts and stocking stuffers right here on the Island! Here are some ideas: a box of fudge or salt water taffy; movie tickets from Harbor Square Theater; a bottle of wine from Fred’s Tavern or Liquor Store; a visit to a local spa; a gift certificate to a local restaurant. What a great way to put a little bit of the seashore under your Christmas tree!
GIVE THE GIFT OF A WEEK at the shore! Your family will have something to look forward to—and memories to cherish afterward! Browse our latest catalog of rental properties right here:
THE ULTIMATE GIFT: Want to treat your family to the ultimate gift? Make Avalon & Stone Harbor a permanent part of your life with your very own vacation home! From summer fun to getaway weekends to winter escapes, your very own shore home will provide year-round fun, and memories to last a lifetime! Call me to get started and I’ll provide the big red bow!
- Stone Harbor Elementary School Holiday Concert, Thursday, December 13
- Breakfast With Santa at the Cape May Ferry Terminal including story time with Mrs. Claus, 9AM & 10:30AM seatings, visit www.cmlf.com for details & reservations, Saturday, December 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on books, stories, etc., Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 15
- Christmas Music Lecture & Sing Along, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, December 15
- Breakfast with Santa presented by Girl Scout Troops 42358 & 46436, crafts, Christmas cards for the Military, bake sale, WIBG personalities, more, Avalon Community Hall, 9AM-Noon, Sunday, December 16
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, enjoy tea & memories of Old Avalon, Avalon History Center,11AM-Noon, Thursday, December 20
- Happy ‘Noon’ Year, celebration for the kids, 11AM-12:30PM, Avalon Free Public Library, Monday, December 31
- Job Search Workshop with Sean Farrell presenting options for best ways to get a job online, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, January 5
- The First Frontier: Yeoman-Whalers & the Origin of Cape May County, presentation by Jim Stephens of Historic Cold Spring Village discussing the 17th century whaling industry on the Delaware Bay and how it led to the creation of CMC, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, January 5
- Drop in Tech Workshop for Apple computers, iPads & iPhones, help with your Apple devices, Avalon Free Public Library, 11:30AM-1PM, Saturday, January 12
- Food Bank Collections for Holy Redeemer Food Bank & Cape May County Animal Shelter in observance of the National Day of Service, staff will be accepting donations at the Avalon Free Public Library, 9AM-5PM, Saturday, January 19
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Dinner with Guest Speaker, $7 for members, $12 for non-members, bring a dish to share, 6PM, Friday, January 25
Newly built on an oversized lot in Stone Harbor’s south-end! Check out this magnificent new home!
226 108th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 182725
65 W. 21st Street, Avalon, $2,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185186
128 31st Street, Avalon, $2,750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185231
Properties Under Contract:
6890 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,150,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185162
36 W. 19th Street, Avalon, $1,595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185082
6 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $5,750,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181922
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $470,500, SOLD MLS#: 184148
10009 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $750,225, SOLD MLS#: 184343
241 28th Street, Avalon, $895,000, SOLD MLS#: 184311
455 21st Street, Avalon, $1,180,000, SOLD MLS#: 183383
260 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,780,000, SOLD MLS#: 181868
265 17th Street, Avalon, $1,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 182487
308 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $3,525,000, SOLD MLS#: 183849