One of the hidden gems in our Network is a small but mighty church in southwest Riverside County called New Hope Community Church. Planted a couple of decades ago by Chris & Jan Suitt, it has a variety of unique outreaches and opportunities to spur us on as leaders. For our April 9th Grace Leaders Network gathering we will have the chance to learn about two of these items:
1) The Hope Learning Academy - an "at-risk" private school. More than just a private school, and definitely not just "a program", it is a holistic approach to real change for teens and their families. Whether the issue is teen pregnancy, apathy, drug use, anger, or any other at-risk behavior...there is hope! Paul Krueger founded this school and will share with us about the ministry.
2) Insights from Israel - In addition to leadership at New Hope Church, Chris Suitt leads tours with Hope For Israel and this month (March 2019) will be in Israel again. We've asked Chris to share with us some insights that will help us as shepherds to our ministries here in SoCal.
Our Network wants to get behind providing opportunities for our regional leaders to connect with other leaders in their sphere of ministry. Our Fellowship has been doing this type of thing with its annual Access Conferences the last couple of years. Some that we have outlined are:
· Spanish-speaking leaders
· Children’s ministry leaders - infants through elementary
· Youth ministry leaders - middle school & high school ministry
· Worship leaders
· Administration leaders - office managers & administrative leaders
· Christian School leaders - (administrators, teachers)
· Women’s Ministry leaders
It’s that time of year…to renew your membership to our networks– as leaders and as churches!
Membership to the Grace Leaders Network
is open to all church and ministry leaders in harmony with the Grace Churches Network. For only $25 annually you can support our network to bless you and other regional leaders.
We request (per our bylaws) that each church which is a member of the Grace Churches Network contribute annually a fair dues amount. Annual dues are only $1 per Church Member.(Note: The National Charis Fellowship dues are based on another figure.)
CHECK WRITTEN TO: Grace Churches Network
MAIL TO: Dale Workman, Community Grace Brethren Church, 5885 Downey Ave, Long Beach, CA 90805
May Gathering on Pornography
Tuesday May 14, we will have our Grace Leaders Network gathering on the topic of pornography. Most people struggle with this issue, and we need to talk about it together. We have 2 special guest who will be helping us wrestle through this together. We hope you'll put this on your calendar now: 10am on 5/14 at Grace Community Church in Seal Beach, CA.
Chaplain Dan Ruiz Report
From Col. Mark Penfold of the Eagle Commission, we received this report about the former pastor of Grace Fellowship in Cherry Valley, Air Force Chaplain Dan Ruiz, his wife Kassi and their daughters: Dan and Kassi are extremely busy and doing great ministry. His commanders and all the supervisory chaplains spoke highly of Team Ruiz. Dan serves as the chaplain to a maintenance squadron for refueling planes, primarily the KC-10. His unit works 24/7. In order to visit all his Airmen and officers, Dan and his Chaplain Assistant have incredibly long hours. Dan is also the pastor for the base’s contemporary service. Kassi is involved with Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC) and the Spouses’ Club. Keep Dan and his family in your prayers. Find out more online
Access2019 is July 23-25, 2019 in Auburn, California.
Phil and Ruth Sparling and Auburn Grace Community Church invite you and your church staff to ACCESS others doing ministry like you PLUS an amazing family vacation opportunity!
Auburn is near Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and not far from Yosemite National Park. Plan to come!
July 23-25 Access 2019 in Auburn, Calif at
Auburn Grace Community Church
First Grace Leaders Network Gathering for the Fall
Spanish-speaking Churches & Ministries Festival
Membership to the Grace Leaders Network is open to all church and ministry leaders in harmony with the Grace Churches Network. For only $25 annually you can support our network to bless you and other regional leaders.
Your 2019-2020 annual dues are due on May 1, 2019, we have an online way for you to do so via credit card or you are welcome to send a check to “Grace Leaders Network,” Attn: Mike Jentes, E. 6565 Stearns St., Long Beach, CA 90815.