ATD teams developing action plans for coming years
The first year of ATD@OC was all about research, reflection and planning. During the first year, the college established a student success vision statement, completed the ATD action plan, and established two student success priorities:
- Priority One: Ensuring new student successfully complete fifteen credits in their first year.
- Priority Two: Improving our quarter over quarter retention by 5%
Years two and three are all about action. To that end, the college established six team which are working to support efforts to achieve these goals. Periodic updates from the teams are available in this newsletter and on the ATD intranet site.
Equity Minded College: Ensure processes and service are centered around equitable access to opportunities and achievement of equitable outcomes for all OC students
Yellow Brick Road: Enable Guided Pathways program and course alignment
Snowplow: Members of the Snowplow and Welcome Wagon teams attended the Holistic Student Support Institute and will share what they learned at an Open Forum on Dec. 5
Welcome Wagon: See Snowplow update.
Student Wellbeing: The Student Wellbeing Team is focused on increasing student retention, quarter over quarter, by providing the resources each student needs to attain their personal and educational goals. The team has chosen 3 primary goals to focus on:
- To develop an Outreach Program to connect with community clubs and organizations to source: school supplies, food, personal hygiene items, baby supplies, bus passes, scholarships, and “dress for success” interview clothing for our students.
- To create a trauma-informed college by training faculty and staff to be more student-centered and prepared to meet students where they are, not where we might like them to be.
- To compile a comprehensive list of student resources currently available on campus and within the larger communities of Kitsap and Mason counties, all in support of the website refresh project.