Vacancy - DPA Auckland Kaituitui
Fixed Term to August 2022
The Disabled Person’s Assembly of New Zealand is a membership based pan-impairment Disabled Persons Organisation (DPO), our governance and staff members are predominantly disabled people.
We have a vision of a society that provides equity and maximum opportunity for all people. Our work includes promoting opportunities for participation by disabled people, working with communities, and giving advice to local and national government. We work within a human rights framework and in particular we honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
Due to a staff promotion to a project we are seeking a Kaituitui based in Auckland for a fixed term until August 2022. The purpose of the position is to lead disability rights initiatives and represent the Disabled Persons Assembly of New Zealand (DPA) in the region. You will be working for 8 hours per week from home and in the community.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Lived experience as a disabled person and within the local disability community
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with diverse needs and opinions
Some of your day to day functions will include:
- Establishing effective relationships with the local disability community
- Promoting a disability rights approach with regional Government, local Government, community agencies and key stakeholders
- Promoting a wide understanding of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Partnering with like-minded community individuals and groups to promote the work of DPA
- Providing regional input into DPA policy advice to ensure that the voice of the local disability community is heard
- Achieving practical gains that positively impact on the lives of disabled Aucklanders
- Complete fortnightly reports summarising the work done by the Kaituitui
To apply for this role or for more information please contact our Chief Executive Prudence Walker on email email@example.com or phone/ txt 04 801 9100 or 021 546 006. Your application should include a cover letter and a CV.
DPA are committed to making our application process accessible to everyone. If you require an alternative method of application, please let us know.
Applications close Sunday 9 August 2020