The month of March is officially one of the best months for me. With September off course. The turn of the seasons, the perfect days, I wish they could be longer!
The schools close on 15 March with the first quarter then done and dusted. Those of you who can get away, enjoy! and drive safely. When your children are no longer in school, the school breaks, exam times and end-of-quarter-times are no longer top of mind.
This month we are focusing on Vegan products. Getting your nutrients from plant foods allows more room in your diet for health-promoting options like whole grains, fruit, nuts, seeds and vegetables, which are packed full of beneficial fibre, vitamins and minerals. According to my research on the Vegan Society website (www.vegansociety.com), there are 3 reasons why a person would choose a Vegan lifestyle:
We don’t only have lots of grain-, legume, nuts and dried fruit products, but also a few specialized products which is aimed at the Vegan lifestyle:
- Health – Meat and dairy products consist of unsaturated fats which could contribute to cardio vascular health issues
- Ethical – From recycling our household rubbish to cycling to work, we're all aware of ways to live a greener life. One of the most effective things an individual can do to lower their carbon footprint is to avoid all animal products.
- Environment – The impact of farming of animal products on nature in the form of gasses, water consumption and pollution.
(Feel free to forward this copy of our Deli Newsletter to your Vegan friends!)
- Silan Date Syrup 350g @ R90 – an alternative for honey, plant-based with 25% less sugar than honey.
- Bebe’s Vegan and Gluten-free Wraps 4 @ R65 – available in almond or almond and onion seed flavours
- Pearson’s Vegan Basil Pesto 200g @ R75 – no dairy ingredients, specially produced for 42 On Sonneblom Deli
- Pasta Regalo 500g @ R40 – gluten and egg free spaghetti and tagliatelle
What is happening in March at the Deli?
16 March – Coffee Cupping – Franco will be doing another Coffee Cupping session from 08:00 to 10:00 – we still have a few seats available – look at this video of last month’s session so that you can get an idea of what happens at a cupping. You can book at email@example.com
21 March – It is a public holiday (the Deli is open, 10:00-18:00) and what better way to spend your day than joining us for a Royal Icing Cookie course? The course will be presented by Marian Ludewig and costs R550 – material included. From 09:00 to 13:00 – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
22 March – We are closed for the day
23 March – Normal Saturday Deli (10:00-16:00)
26 March – Breakaway Tuesday – Bring your crochet basket, knitting stuff or anything arty that you are busy with. A group of women (and possible men!) get together on the last Tuesday of every month from 10:00 to 12:00. You do not have to book, the coffee machine is on!
30 March – Art Exhibition and sales – Anna van der Linde. Come and enjoy a free glass of MCC from Viljoensdrift in Robertson and walk through the work of fine artist and ceramicist of Anna van der Linde.
May this month of March be a good one for all of you. Be safe if you are going away, see you at the Deli!