|What a weekend! Kringle Holiday Village has come and gone, but the memories will linger long: a cup of gluhwein shared with an old friend, the perfect present found in a vendor’s stand, smiles of young children on Santa’s lap and grins as they spot the Grinch. My post for a good bit of the weekend was on the trolley, serving as what Rob Rowen cleverly described as a “trolley elf.” The best part was hearing on the ride back to County Square about our guests' favorite things. And they were all making plans to come back next year! Momentum is building.
Thanks to all the volunteers who made Kringle happen this year, and special thanks to the KHV committee members and our committee chairs, Jane Dyer and Roger Heitzeg. This may have been a labor of love, but it was still labor. Your work in building this new tradition for Greenville is already having an impact and making our community and Rotary Club stronger.
To all our Club members, my best wishes for a joyful holiday season and a blessed New Year.
- Wade Kolb-
Kringle Holiday Village Recap
Your Committee members include: Roger Heitzeg, Jane Dyer, Elizabeth Rasor, Amy Wood, Andrea Kuhfuss, Brett Caldwell, Dee Kivett, George Fletcher, Josh Fowler, Kristine Braswell-Amin, Laura McCulloch, Lauren Payne, Lorraine Holeman, Lucy Henry, Mary Elliott, Mike Sarvis, Penny Robbins, Ron Demonet & Rusty Infinger.
- 46 Vendors
- 41 Sponsors
- Over $1600 in Kringle Kash purchased
- 125+ Trolley Rides with Rotary Club info told to riders
- Gallons of Gluwhein sold & enjoyed
- 20+ Entertainers performed
- 600+ Volunteer Hours
- Biergarten Records made for holding 32 oz. steins filled with beer generously donated by KHV beverages: 4:07.77 for women & 6:24.33 for men!
- Approximately $20,000 will be donated to Rotary Charities
- 46 Silent Auction items sold
- Countless memories made