IN THIS ISSUE
- Strawberry Festival
- Hands-on History Camp
- Save the date
In the News
- New "Privy" Completed
- 4th Grade Visit to Village
Support NLHS in 2016
- 2016 Membership
- Membership benefits
- Hannaford Reusable Bags
- 16 ways to support NLHS
Join us for a tasty and fun-filled afternoon Sunday, June 26, in the New London Historical Village from 1-4 p.m. featuring the Berry Delicious Contest. Tempt our judges, Greg Berger, Springledge Farm; Reade Clarke, Clarke’s Hardware; and Cheryl Devoe, Foodie Extraordinaire; with your favorite recipe, and vie for cash prizes.
Admission is $6.00 for members and $8.00 for nonmembers. Children 12 and under are FREE. [More]
- Help crank out creamy strawberry ice cream on the old-fashioned ice cream maker.
- Enjoy songs performed by the New London Barn Playhouse junior interns.
- Join in the Village-wide scavenger hunt.
- Shop the Country Store for penny candy, cold beverages, old-fashioned children's games and gifts.
- Participate in raffles.
- Listen to storytelling in the Schoolhouse.
- Enjoy challenging games—made and supervised by Bill Burris.
Hands-on History Camp
Do you have children or grandchildren entering 5th or 6th grade in the fall? Be sure to enroll them in our new Hands-on History camp to experience life as it was lived over 100 years ago here in New London.
We have room for a few more campers.
Two one-week sessions are available: July 11 – 16 and July 18 – 22. The camp runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day, and you may attend one or both sessions. Cost is $200 for one week. $375 for two weeks.
For details contact Maureen Strachan at 603-731-4353 or email <firstname.lastname@example.org>. [More] [Video]
Save the date
REFLECTIONS 2016 - Saturday, September 17
An evening of farm fresh hors d'oeuvres and libations, catered by Tucker's of New London to celebrate the Lauridsen House and dedication of the Maude Swift Gallery.
Opening exhibit art by Dr. Anna Littlefield. Silent auction of Lauridsen artifacts and collectibles. $75 per person.
IN THE NEWS
New “Privy” Completed
Construction of an up-to-date restroom facility attached to the Phlllips Barn was completed in early June. Who would think we could be so excited about a new bathroom? The new ADA compliant addition allows us to accommodate visitors during our programs and events. This amenity also enhances our rental package where customers have the rustic charm of the barn and the creature comforts offered by a new facility.
On a perfect sunny day in late May, fourth graders from New London Elementary School visited the Historical Village and Museum. Volunteers enjoyed showing students how life was lived in the 19th Century. [More]
Volunteer Nicole Densmore instructs her students in music outside the Village schoolhouse.
2016 Membership Drive Launched
Our 2016-2017 membership year starts on July1. (membership link) Have you sent in your membership dues? Be sure to do so and take advantage of these benefits and more:
- Always free entrance to the Village.
- Two free passes for guests.
- Discounts on event tickets, store gift items, and facility rentals.
Free entry to the Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum
“New London Historical Society Night" at the New London Barn Playhouse Friday, August 26
During the month of July, NLHS Members can enjoy reciprocal member benefits at the Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum in Warner. Your NLHS membership card allows you to enjoy the museum on any day in July (other than the July 9 and 10 PowWow). Visit their website for more details on hours and exhibits. [link]
Free entry to the Telephone Museum
During the month of August, NLHS Members can enjoy reciprocal member benefits at the Telephone Museum. Your NLHS membership card allows you to enjoy the museum on any day in August. Visit their website for more details on hours and exhibits. [link]
The New London Playhouse welcomes members of the New London Historical Society to an evening of entertainment at a 20% discount. A wine and cheese porch reception from 6 - 7 pm will be followed by a 7:30 performance of the hilarious play, Don't Dress for Dinner. Call 603-525-6710 to reserve your seats, and make sure to tell them you are a NLHS member! [More] [poster]
DON'T FORGET . . .
A bag for you is a buck for us! There is still time to support the NLHS by purchasing a Hannaford’s Reusable Bag.
During the month of June, purchase a reusable Hannaford’s Karma Shopping Bag, and Hannaford’s will donate a dollar a bag to the New London Historical Society. So far 45 bags were purchased. Let's double/triple that by June 30.
~ ~ ~
16 Ways to Support NLHS in 2016
- Become a member.
- Buy reusable shopping bags at Hannaford's during June.
- Use AmazonSmile-New London Historical Society.
- Attend annual events.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Contribute/Buy my books at Hannaford in August.
- Shop at our Country Store.
- Enroll your children in Hands-on History Camp.
- Bake for events.
- Donate handmade crafts to sell at the Country Store.
- Bid during Silent Auctions.
- Give to our Raise the Roof Annual Fund.
- Encourage your boss to be a Business Partner Member.
- Name the NLHS for memorial gifts.
- Visit our Historical Village and bring a guest.