Virgin Money London Marathon - Barrow Runners Club Ballot
Barrow Runners will be applying for club places for the 2017 London Marathon due to our membership of England Athletics. The date clubs can apply from is Monday 24th October, so I am not yet in a position to advise how many places we will be allocated. This is based on the size of club membership, and last year we were allocated two places, but I will confirm the actual number of places we have received as soon as I know.
It is our intention to hold the draw for the club places at the club Presentation Evening on Friday 11th November 2016.
Qualifying Criteria for inclusion in the draw is as follows:
1. You must have received a rejection from the official VMLM ballot for next years race.
2. You must be a fully paid up member of Barrow Runners for the 2016/17 year and have joined Barrow Runners before 1st June 2016.
3. Members who have received a Club place in the last 3 years cannot enter the ballot.
4. If successful the ballot place is non-transferable.
5. If the ballot winner is injured and unable to take part in the 2017 VMLM, they are allowed to defer their entry until the following year.
6. Club Ballot winners should run in their Barrow Club Vest.
7. Barrow Runners Committee decision is final in the event of any issues.
8. Entry fee will be payable by the winners of the ballot places via an on line facility that VMLM set up for club members details of which I will provide.
Anyone wishing to be considered, please email (email@example.com
) or pm me on Facebook which a copy of your rejection by 5pm Monday 31st October 2016.