First Roundtable of the New Year!
Come see what's new for the year.
If you are in Cub Scouts, there has been a "modification" in the program that can be picked up at Roundtable or you can print from here.
Dinner will be available tomorrow night - $5 a head.
If you have not turned in your recharter, please keep in mind that you are uninsured as of right now which means the responsibility of any accidents falls on you and your charter. Please get your recharters in! Barry should be contacting you if there are problems with your recharter as well. These need to be resolved as quickly as possible. Recharters were due December 16.
Upcoming events and yes, we need volunteers for these events so please contact Bill Conley at 423-364-0606 if you can volunteer your time:
- John Ross District Pinewood Derby - February 18 @ 9am First Baptist Church of Lakeview located at 10 Hudson Street in Rossville. Snacks will be available for purchase and all proceeds will go to the church's missions. Seating is provided. First, second, & third place prizes for Tigers, Wolves, Bears, Webelos, and Arrow of Light. There will be an Outlaw race as well. Please bring registration fee of $5 with you as you will not be able to register online for this event. A head count would be nice, so if you could email me directly with how many will be attending from your Pack, it would be appreciated.
- Scouts Invade the Battlefield - March 24-26. Location of course is the Chickamauga Battlefield. Camping is limited (due to parking) so if you can carpool at all that would provide more room for more boys to attend. Camping is limited to 110 cars is what I was told at the Battlefield, so when you register, it will require a car count of who is staying so we can hold true to the Battlefield's rules. This event is open to ALL scouts of ALL ages, but camping will be specifically for Boy Scouts only! If it was just our district, it wouldn't be an issue, but I know outsiders are already planning to attend. We need lots of help, so please contact Bill.
- Lion & Tiger Safari - April 14 & 15 at Camp Columbus. This was originally scheduled for last fall, but we just couldn't pull it off in time. This is specifically for Lions and Tigers only. No siblings may attend. Watch for a flyer to come out very soon regarding this program.
- Family Camp - April 28-30 at Skymont! Get your cubs together and let's go have some fun. Registration is online.
I am sure there is much more to tell you, but that is all I can pick my brain for right now! Today was my first day back to school and that seems to fry all my little brain cells.
- University of Scouting - February 4 at Brainerd United Methodist Church. Registration is online and is open now to register. If you are missing any of your leader specific training, you need to be attending. Please check your unit's training records and get your leaders in!
- WOODBADGE - You MUST register by March 7. Scout assistance is available for those who need it so please use it. The first weekend is April 7 - 9 and the second weekend is May 20-22. If you've never taken Woodbadge, I highly recommend signing up! This is going to be a great year to participate!
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. Texting is generally better while I'm in school, but if I see I have a missed call (and no, I do not have voice mail set up) I will return calls after classes.
John Ross District Commissioner
PS Do you have a Webelos leader that will not be taking on a position in the troop after crossover? We still need volunteers for Unit Commissioners and for our District Committee. Please contact me and let me know how you can help our district! These positions, I promise, are far less time consuming than being a unit leader. More hands make for lighter work!