Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Northeast New Jersey this past Saturday, May 8th
, 2021 via Zoom. Thank you to all those who made it possible for us to worship, fellowship, and conduct business together virtually.
Documents and reports from this meeting can be accessed on our website (www.pnenj.org/meeting-documents
) using the password NENJdocuments
The following motions passed on the floor of the Presbytery:
- To approve the docket.
- To receive the requests to be excused.
- To approve the Minutes of the Stated Meeting held on March 13, 2021.
- To receive the report of the Commission on Ministry.
- To receive the interim report of the AC serving St. Augustine Presbyterian Church.
- To receive the Elizabeth Presbytery Treasurer’s report.
- To receive the Palisades Presbytery Treasurer’s report.
- To receive the Newark Presbytery Treasurer’s report.
- To receive the report of the Newark Board of Trustees concerning the sale of 192 Broad Street.
- To receive the Nominating Committee’s report.
- To adjourn the meeting.
We were thrilled to welcome the Rev. Dr. Diane Moffett and the Rev. Rosemary Mitchell to talk about the Matthew 25 initiative of the PC(USA). Following the presentation, we broke out into small groups to discuss the questions listed below. Everyone is welcome to continue to discern and discuss these questions during our ongoing weekly Zoom gatherings.
Questions for Discernment
Ongoing Weekly Zoom Gatherings
- What did you hear in the presentation that excited you? What caught your imagination?
- What is your church already doing that aligns with one of these foci: eradicating poverty, dismantling racism, or building congregational vitality?
- Our last small groups focused on the theme of creating welcome and hospitality as we become a new presbytery. How might Matthew 25 inform our creation of welcome and hospitality? Who are the least of these in your community? When have you been amongst them?
Tuesdays at 1pm (all within the Presbytery): Click to join
Thursdays at 10:30am (ministers within the Presbytery): Click to join
We are also very thankful to Rev. Carrie Mitchell of the Board of Pensions for presenting on some of the benefits available to our ministers, staff, and congregations. Rev. Carrie can be reached at (215) 587-7239 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions or inquiries.
Links to all of these presentations, including the videos, can be found in the meeting documents section
of our website.
The offering collected at the meeting will be given to the New Jersey Institute of Social Justice. More information about this organization can be found at www.njisj.org
. If you didn’t have a chance to give your offering this past Saturday, you may do so through Friday, May 14th
, 2021 by giving online at pnenj.org/donate.
Thank you to all who attended this meeting! If you did attend this meeting and would like to give feedback, please do so using this form
. There will be a Called Meeting of the Presbytery on Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 at 7pm
. Please keep an eye out for a registration invitation in mid-July. The next Stated Meeting will be held on Saturday, September 11th, 2021 at 9am.
Please note that all Presbytery meetings will be conducted virtually on Zoom until further notice. If you have any questions, please contact the Presbytery Office at (201) 599-1111 or email@example.com