Valard considers the safety of its employees, contractors, neighbours, clients and the general public to be of prime importance.
First and foremost, safety is always our first priority at Valard – it is part of our core values, and a shared value with our customers, vendors and partners. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, we want you to know that we have taken the following steps
to address COVID-19:
Do you, as a client or contact of ours, have COVID-19 related policies or directives you'd like to share with us?
- Valard’s management team are actively monitoring the situation and its potential effects on our employees, operations, projects, etc. An Advisory Committee has been formed and they meet daily to review updates, status reports, enact action plans, etc.
- Our Health and Safety Group is conducting regular monitoring of the CDC, Health Canada and World Health Organization websites.
- We've implemented and shared with our employees several preventative measures - hand-washing, social distancing, "cover your cough", stay home if you're sick, work from home if possible, etc.
- We have asked any employee not feeling well to stay at home and consult with their doctor and with us.
- All business travel not directly related to the execution of a project is cancelled; directives have also been issued relative to personal travel, which are consistent with government and health authorities decisions. Employees who have traveled outside of Canada for business or personal reasons, have had family members who have done so, and/or who have been in proximity to anyone suspected of having or confirmed with the virus within the last 14 days, are being instructed to self-isolate at home for the next 14 days.
- All of our permanent office/shop locations across Canada have increased restrictions on access. During this period no outside visitors will be allowed. Plans are also in the works to secure all project sites and camps.
- We have communicated to our suppliers and sub-contractors that they must also comply with preventative measures similiar to those mentioned above.
If so, please forward them to email@example.com
and we'll ensure that they're relayed appropriately within the Group.