The Baltic Sea region is a vivid region with regards to trans-national cultural activities of formal and informal associations. For many actors, the obstacles to funding through the classical cultural funding mechanism are often too high for various reasons. This showed the need for a funding instrument for small culture initiatives with low bureaucratic effort. The idea for a Baltic Sea-wide umbrella project with microfunding for cultural initiatives has therefore been pursued. Two key questions need to be clarified:
- How can we link the local and grassroot approach of many cultural actors to the aim of connecting the Baltic region, how can small projects and initiatives help fostering societal and economic resilience?
- How can we organise a funding instrument that minimises the bureaucratic burden for communities in cultural cooperation by facing also the legal requirements?
From building the argumentation to finding solutions.
WHY? HOW? & WHAT’S DOABLE/WHAT’S NEXT?
During the 3 hours meeting we will travel:
- from “WHY”: all the reasons why micro-financing opportunities can be beneficiary for straightening co-operation and growth of the CCI sector in the BSR.
- through “HOW”: decoding the concept of micro-funding and looking at different models - from direct financing to so called regranting.
- to conclude with “WHAT’S NEXT”: finding out what’s possible and what’s not in a given framework and timeline. To be very pragmatic and come out of this meeting with clear idea and road map - what should be our next steps, who should/ could do WHAT and WHEN.
No matter if you are working in a large culture institution, run a small NGO, starting out as creative entrepreneur, you are an official (in a tiny town or a big city), working locally, regionally, at national or European level, your presence and contribution will be very much appreciated and valuable.
There will be interventions and presentations of case studies brought to you by practitioners (cultural operators, officials and others). Not only as living examples advocating for micro-financing in the CCI sector but also to bring inspiration and illustrate the concrete solutions.
- A clearer vision of the needs of the creatives/ potential beneficiaries
- Sharpening the political vision of supporting small and micro scale initiatives in the culture sector
- Showing the core points of umbrella projects for microfunding
- Developing concrete demands for the structure of the upcoming Interreg programmes 2021-2027