Over the course of February 2017, an important update was applied to the PRDH database.
This update wraps up the 1800-1824 period as far as Family Reconstructions are concerned, something we began working on in 2013.
February 2017 update
In total, 27 792 individuals and 18 183 couples totaling for over 150 000 familial links were added to the database through this update.
Detailed example of a PRDH Family File
PRDH and Drouin Institute collaboration
Since the Drouin Genealogical Institute became the PRDH's editor in 2014, the following additions have been made to the database:
Members which are subscribed to both GenealogyQuebec.com and the PRDH have access to the following exclusive features:
- 1 700 000 new baptism, marriage and burial certificates
- 60 000 new couples
- 345 000 new individuals
- Over a million new links between families and individuals
- View the original document (parish register) on GenealogyQuebec.com from any PRDH certificate
- View the PRDH individual file of any individual named in a GenealogyQuebec.com's LAFRANCE certificate.
- 10% bonus PRDH hits free of charge on purchase for GenealogyQuebec.com subscribers
Detailed example of a PRDH Record Certificate
PRDH complete overview (1621-1849)
As of today, the PRDH database contains:
- 2 400 000 baptism, marriage and burial certificates
- 875 000 individuals
- 181 500 couples
- Over 3 million links between individuals and families
Detailed example of a PRDH Individual File
About the PRDH
The PRDH is a repertory of vital events (baptisms, marriages and burials) registered in Quebec during the 1621-1849 period, and a genealogical dictionary of families of the 1621-1824 period for the same region. You will find more information here:
Free access (limited)
We are currently beginning to apply the family reconstruction process on the 1825-1849 period, which represents about as many records, individuals and families as the entire 1621-1824 period put together.