Housing and Mental Health:
Affordable Housing for Folks Living with Behavioral Health Needs
When:Tuesday, October 16th, 2018 7:00pm-8:30pm
Where: Central Oregon Collective
62070 SE 27th Street in Bend
What exists? What can we hope for in the future?
How can NAMI-CO help advocate for more housing?
We invite you to join us for a presentation and discussion with Anne Pendygraft, who will speak about residential treatment, Molly Taroli: Project Coordinator, Central Oregon Community Care Organization, and her team from Pacific Source, Rachel Marble: Housing Coordinator with Deschutes County Health Services, and a local representative from Housing Works.
Additional discussion topics include:
- Advocating for applicants with criminal histories.
- What is Supported vs. Supportive Housing
- Is there current development of affordable Supported Housing for people with behavioral needs? Who are the partners?
- Are there short-term strategies to use existing housing for folks with mental health needs?
- What is the Oregon Performance Plan and how does it impact housing priorities and development for people with serious and persistent mental illness?
Our Education Series meetings are free and open to all. Please join us in support of good mental health in our community.
The meeting is preceded by our Bend Family Support Group (5:15pm-6:45pm).