Dear Friend of CFC,
I landed in Newark, New Jersey at 2 AM last night. A few minutes ago, I took this photo outside Trump Tower, home of the current Republican Presidential front-runner.
After more than seven years of Barack Obama, the November election is now just 20 weeks away. And whether you love him or loathe him, Donald Trump could very well be the next President of the United States.
That’s why I’m meeting with him here in New York.
This Tuesday, June 21, I’ll join a select group of other pro-life and pro-family leaders from across the country for a private meeting with Donald Trump.
As a reminder, California Family Council is not a political organization. We cannot and do not endorse or oppose any specific candidate who runs for office.
But when I was invited to meet with someone who could be sworn in next January, I knew I had to be here. I believe Christians have a responsibility to "speak truth to power" whenever possible.
Again, CFC cannot endorse Donald Trump or any other candidate. But we will always offer our advice and counsel to any political leader who asks about the sanctity of human life, the importance of family, and the necessity of religious liberty.
My three goals for Tuesday’s meeting are simple.
- First, I want to defend Life, Family, and Liberty at a national level. CFC is dedicated to fighting for these pillars of Western Civilization, and no candidate of any party should take the votes of Christian conservatives for granted. Anyone who wants our support must be willing to work for it.
- Second, I want to be your eyes and ears during this crucial election season. Our civic duty is too important for Christians to sit on the sidelines. Each one of us must engage in this process more deeply than ever before.
- Finally, I want to help speak truth to one of the most powerful individuals in the world. The prophet Daniel boldly stood before Nebuchadnezzar, even though he knew it could have grave consequences. I'm no Daniel, but I hope that I can still do my part in speaking the truth before Mr. Trump, along with my fellow pro-life and pro-family leaders at this meeting. Our political leaders must hear God's truth proclaimed by God's people.
No matter whom you supported in the primaries, and no matter which candidate you're voting for this fall, I hope you’ll pray for me on Tuesday.
- Pray for wisdom for all of us who will meet with Donald Trump.
- Pray for openness from Trump and his team of advisors and political operatives.
- And pray that God would be merciful to our country, and send revival through the church, the law, and the culture.
You can be sure I’ll have a lot more to tell you next week. In the meantime, thank you for your prayers!
Standing For Truth,
CEO , California Family Council
P.S. While I’m in New York, my team back in California is working overtime to battle SB 1146, the disastrous bill that attacks the First Amendment freedoms of California’s religious colleges and universities. Be sure to take action on SB 1146 today!
P.P.S. As we continue to fight for your values in Sacramento, New York, and Washington, DC, we especially need your financial support. Please visit our website to make a donation today!