|November 1, 2016
November 11 Friday morning classes cancelled. Evening classes as usual
December 4 Christmas Party at Saint Mary's Boat Club
December 25 to January 1, 2017 - Barn closed. No lessons during the week
Upcoming Annual Christmas Party & Awards Banquet
Date: Sunday, December 4, 2016
Location: Saint Mary’s Boat Club
1641 Fairfield Rd, Halifax
Our upcoming Christmas Party is just around the corner and our riders are getting very excited about this annual event. This is our time to celebrate our riders with our Awards Banquet.
Emails will be sent out to all parents letting everyone know what they will be expected to bring that night for the potluck.
We are now seeking contributions for the Silent Auction. The Silent Auction is aimed at our Junior Riders. Please bring items to the office.
This is also our Awards Banquet. For anyone who received a perpetual Trophy from last year please return it to the office by November 7, 2016
Great Halloween Fun Show
We had an amazing turnout for our annual Halloween Fun Show which took place over the weekend. The riders got into the theme of the day and put on costumes and even outfitted their horses. First place went to Maya Jessome (dressed as the footman), Mia Chapman Belliveau (dressed as the fairy godmother), and Kate Hartlen (Cinderella) and of course Rainey was the stage coach.
New Bengal Lancers Clothing Orders
Once again we'll be placing a Lancer Clothing Order just in time for Christmas. This year we've added a new item which is a high quality vest for riding. We were able to procure some sample sizes this year so you can drop by the office to try items on for sizing.
Example of Clothing
Friday Afternoon Lectures start in November
We are very excited to be starting our Friday afternoon lecture series. This will give our membership an opportunity to enhance their horsemanship skills and broaden their knowledge-base. There is no charge for these lectures. We strongly encourage all members to attend.
- November 4, 2016 at 4pm - For Rides 1, 2 & 3
- November 11, 2016 at 4pm - For Rides 4, 5 & 6
- November 18, 2016 at 4pm - For Rides 7, 8 & 9
Alumni Rides over Christmas Break
We are hoping to organize some Alumni Rides during the week in December when we don't have regular lessons. If anyone knows of alumni who might be interested please have them contact the office.
Make-Up Policy & Checking for Make-Up Classes
- We are not required to provide make-up classes. However, we can make accommodations as long as someone else is marked absent from that ride. With a full membership it is very important to give us lots of notice when you will be missing a ride to make this possible. The minimum we require is 24hrs to be eligible for a make-up lesson. I
- f you can't make a lesson that evening please call the Barn Phone at (902) 425-2258 and ask to speak with the Barn Monitor. This helps to ensure adequate usage for the horses.
- To see if there are any make-up spots please go to the website and click on the Members only section. If it asks for a password it is: Lancers2016. Then click on the Make-Up section and it will take you to a drop box file which will list any openings. An example of an opening would be a listing like J1 under Monday or A3 under Tuesday, etc. Once that spot has been filled it will be marked in red and no longer available.
- You can ride up or down one level for a make-up class.
- Please ensure to speak clearly if leaving a message stating your name or the child’s first and last name and what ride they are in.
- Please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-423-6723.
Night Hay Volunteers Needed
Please sign your name to the Night Hay calendar in the lobby. We ask that you be an adult member or a junior member in Rides 1-4. Volunteers will get a barn star for every time they do night hay. If you’ve never done night hay please check with Angie Holt personally before signing up.