October 18, 2016
October 27 Shavings Delivery at 5:30pm
October 30 Halloween Fun Show
November 11 Friday morning classes cancelled. Evening classes as usual
December 4 Christmas Party at Saint Mary's Boat Club
December 25 to January 1, 2017 - Barn closed. No lessons during the week
Agriculture Fall Fair Overview:
The Agriculture Fall Fair was a huge success. We had nine members competing in various divisions from short stirrup to 1.10m Jumpers. Caroline Fernandez and Jakey were champion in the 1.10 m Jumpers.
The Nova Scotia Equestrian Community was delighted to have so many Lancer horses competing again.
We were also given the opportunity to take part in the Dog and Pony Relay classes, which was tremendous fun for all involved. It was also a spectator favorite.
Our Musical Ride was performed to much acclaim from everyone. We have already been invited back next year. Please check out the Musical Ride video
thanks to Rickey G Photography. Pictured above HJBL performing at the Fall Fair.
We're expecting another load of shavings on Thursday, October 27 at 5:30pm.
Every member who helps will receive 2 barn stars. Many hands make light work. Bring your family and friends for a good workout.
Halloween Fun Show
The sign-up sheets are now in the Lobby for this much anticipated event.
- Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 1:30pm
Cost is $10/per class. Plus you are required to give a $5 refundable ring number deposit.
Payment (cash or cheque) must be made to the office before you ride that day.
Friday Afternoon Lectures start in November
- November 4, 2016 at 4pm - For Rides 1, 2 & 3
- November 11, 2016 at 4pm - For Rides 4, 5 & 6
- November 18, 2016 at 4pm - For Rides 7, 8 & 9
We are very excited to be starting our Friday afternoon lecture series. This will give our membership an opportunity to enhance their horsemanship skills and broaden their knowledge-base. There is no charge for these lectures. We strongly encourage all members to attend.
Vacation Time for the Horses
For those of you wondering where Alice and Owen are this week they are the first two to experience Lancers new vacation spot. We will be continually rotating two horses at a time to have some R&R on a farm in Stewiack, NS.
Make-Up Policy & Checking for Make-Up Classes
- We are not required to provide make-up classes. However, we can make accommodations as long as someone else is marked absent from that ride. With a full membership it is very important to give us lots of notice when you will be missing a ride to make this possible. The minimum we require is 24hrs to be eligible for a make-up lesson.
- To see if there are any make-up spots please go to the website and click on the Members only section. If it asks for a password it is: Lancers2016. Then click on the Make-Up section and it will take you to a drop box file which will list any openings. An example of an opening would be a listing like J1 under Monday or A3 under Tuesday, etc. Once that spot has been filled it will be marked in red and no longer available.
- You can ride up or down one level for a make-up class.
- Please ensure to speak clearly if leaving a message stating your name or the child’s first and last name and what ride they are in.
- Please email the office at email@example.com or call 902-423-6723.
Night Hay Volunteers Needed
Please sign your name to the Night Hay calendar in the lobby. We ask that you be an adult member or a junior member in Rides 1-4. Volunteers will get a barn star for every time they do night hay. If you’ve never done night hay please check with Angie Holt personally before signing up.
New Bengal Lancers Clothing Orders
There will be another Lancer clothing order going out in November. Please stay tuned.
Lost & Found & Other Stuff
If you are missing sweaters, boots, sneakers etc please check the Lost and Found box in the Tack Room. Also we have a number of items from the Open House still in the office, including a plate and server.