Making promises is easy. Keeping them is hard.
As an employer, you can help workers achieve their healthy goals by creating a workplace that puts safe and healthy choices within easy reach.
Here are some simple ways to get started:
Want more ideas? Here are more than 100 ways to support a safe and healthy workplace.
- Put away the candy dish—or better yet, replace it with a bowl of fruit.
- Offer water instead of soda in vending machines.
- Provide refrigerators and microwaves so workers can bring healthy food from home.
- Encourage walking for meetings and breaks.
- Support alternative ways to get to work—like carpooling, biking, or taking the bus.
- Reward safe and healthy behaviors—not just outcomes. For instance, count the days workers wear safety gear instead of days without injury.
- Walk the talk—especially if you’re a company leader. Let others see you doing the safe and healthy thing.
Learn more about how to prevent injuries by promoting health, an approach known as Total Worker Health®.