As a part of our school traditions, we will be distributing red envelops this Sunday, 1/29 at school to celebrate Chinese New Year! This year, your children will receive red envelops from their teachers for every class they attend from 1st class session to 3rd class session.
This coming Sunday is also the 1st day of spring semester. If you haven't register classes or pay the tuition, please do so by this Sunday.
Our Chinese New Year Gala will be tomorrow, 1/28 at Regis College. Hope to see you all there!
Ben Xia, Principal
Jian-Qiao Gu, Vice Principal
Chinese New Year Red Envelops
YAY! Your children will receive red envelop(s) from their teacher(s) this Sunday. All NCLS children's classes will be participating in the red envelop distribution program. For each class your children attend at NCLS, they will get 1 red envelop. The more classes they attend, the more red envelops they will get, and bring home more luck and fortune.
Introducing New Private Group Flute Class
1PM - 1:45PM
Class materials: flute, staff paper, pencil
Number of classes: 16 weeks
Each class: 45 minutes
For all levels, no matter the age: students will be placed in classes according to proficiency.
1. Embouchure, breathing, fingering of the first notes, and basic technique
2. Basics of reading music (clefs, pitches, rhythms, time signatures, key signatures, basic
dynamics, basic harmony)
3. Long tones, scales, beginner pieces, beginning sight-reading
1. Technique development (speed exercises, rhythm exercises)
2. Different articulations
3. Scales in 24 keys, and corresponding etudes
4. Intermediate level sight-reading; duets
5. Introductory chamber music
6. Preparation to perform more works
1. Advanced fingering techniques, and corresponding exercises
2. Study of advanced etudes, sonatas, concerti, including classical, modern, pop, and other
styles; sophisticated musicianship
3. Advanced sight-reading
Chinese flutist Zhao Wei BIO
Graduated from China Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing, earned masters in flute performance from the Longy School of Music, She regularly plays with Arlington Philharmonic Orchestra, Juventas Music Ensemble, and freelances around Boston performing music by local composers.
second prize in the “National Art Institutions Flute Solo Competition
first prize in the National Ministry of Culture Educational-Technology Competition 2008
first prize in the Seventh Central Conservatory of Music’s Chamber Music Competition
principal flute of the China Youth Symphony Orchestra
principal flute with many orchestras, including the National Ballet of Moscow, National Centre for the Performing Arts (China), Beijing University Orchestra, China Film Orchestra, CPC Central Military Commission Political Department Naval Song and Dance Troupe, and the Peking Sinfonietta