News From the Consortium
- Welcome our new members: Shermin Patel from Crossover Health and Conrad Gabler from Weber State University.
- Check out the call for Papers for the Journal of Athletic Training's Special Issue on Athletic Training & Public Health.
- Check out Dr. Chris Kuenze's recent webinar entitled "Factors Influencing Physical Activity After ACL Injury"
- Please let ATOAC members know about your talks and news coverage of your work. It’s a great way for the Consortium to highlight how athletic trainers are raising awareness and advancing research. Email Jeff Driban any updates.
- The ATOAC Executive Committee submitted Comments on the CAATE Curricular Content Standards Draft.
August Publications by ATOAC Members
- Shah S, Thomas AC, Noone JM, Blanchette CM, Wikstrom EA. Incidence and Cost of Ankle Sprains in United States Emergency Departments. Sports Health. 2016 Jul 29. pii: 1941738116659639. [Epub ahead of print]
- Burcal CJ, Wikstrom EA. Cognitive loading-induced sway alterations are similar in those with chronic ankle instability and uninjured controls. Gait Posture. 2016 Jul;48:95-8. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2016.05.004. Epub 2016 May 8.
- Burcal CJ, Hoch MC, Wikstrom EA. Effects of a Stocking on Plantar Sensation in Individuals with and without Ankle Instability. Muscle Nerve. 2016 Aug 4. doi: 10.1002/mus.25362. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kosik KB, Terada M, Drinkard CP, McCann RS, Gribble PA. Potential Corticomotor Plasticity in those with and without Chronic Ankle Instability. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016 Aug 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Blackburn JT, Pietrosimone B, Harkey MS, Luc BA, Pamukoff DN. Inter-limb differences in impulsive loading following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in females. J Biomech. 2016 Jul 30. pii: S0021-9290(16)30814-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2016.07.030. [Epub ahead of print]
- Talarico MK, Lynall RC, Mauntel TC, Weinhold PS, Padua DA, Mihalik JP. Static and dynamic single leg postural control performance during dual-task paradigms. J Sports Sci. 2016 Aug 8:1-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Balazs GC, Brelin AM, Dworak TC, Brooks DI, Mauntel TC, Tintle SM, Dickens JF. Outcomes and complications of triceps tendon repair following acute rupture in American military personnel. Injury. 2016 Jul 30. pii: S0020-1383(16)30369-2. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2016.07.061. [Epub ahead of print]
- Antony B, Driban JB, Price LL, Lo GH, Ward RJ, Nevitt M, Lynch J, Eaton CB, Ding C, McAlindon TE. The relationship between meniscal pathology and osteoarthritis depends on the type of meniscal damage visible on magnetic resonance images: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016 Aug 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Levins JG, Sturnick DR, Argentieri EC, Gardner-Morse M, Vacek PM, Desarno MJ, Tourville TW, Slauterbeck JR, Beynnon BD. Geometric Risk Factors Associated With Noncontact Anterior Cruciate Ligament Graft Rupture. Am J Sports Med. 2016 Aug 11. pii: 0363546516657525. [Epub ahead of print]
- Oldham JR, Munkasy BA, Evans KM, Wikstrom EA, Buckley TA. Altered dynamic postural control during gait termination following concussion. Gait Posture. 2016 Aug 1;49:437-442. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2016.07.327. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lam KC, Valier AR, Anderson BE, McLeod TC. Athletic Training Services During Daily Patient Encounters: A Report From the Athletic Training Practice-Based Research Network. J Athl Train. 2016 Jun 2;51(6):435-41. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-51.8.03. Epub 2016 Jun 17.
- Luc-Harkey BA, Harkey MS, Stanley LE, Blackburn JT, Padua DA, Pietrosimone B. Sagittal plane kinematics predict kinetics during walking gait in individuals with anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Clin Biomech. 2016. Aug 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Driban JB, Lo GH, Eaton CB, Lapane KL, Nevitt M, Harvey WF, McCulloch CE, McAlindon TE. Exploratory analysis of osteoarthritis progression among medication users: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Ther Adv Musculoskel Dis. 2016. Aug 25 [Epub ahead of print]
- Hootman JM, Helmick CG. Reply to Wolfe letter. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016 Aug 26. doi: 10.1002/art.39838. [Epub ahead of print]
- Feger MA, Snell S, Handsfield GG, Blemker SS, Wombacher E, Fry R, Hart JM, Saliba SA, Park JS, Hertel J. Diminished Foot and Ankle Muscle Volumes in Young Adults With Chronic Ankle Instability. Orthop J Sports Med. 2016 Jun 16;4(6):2325967116653719. doi: 10.1177/2325967116653719. eCollection 2016.
ATOAC Members in the News
Joint injury’s lifelong impact: Data suggest comorbidity implications in Lower Extremity Review – Phillip Gribble & Abbey Thomas
ATOAC Members Who Recently Received Funding or Awards
ATOAC Members Upcoming Talks
** NOTE: If we are missing anything or you would like to add something to next month’s newsletter please let Jeff Driban know and it will be add to next month’s newsletter. **