Local Landcare Coordinator
Greater Sydney Landcare Network - Penrith NSW
$79,297 a year (pro rata)
Part-time, Contract, Temporary, Remote
Primary Purpose of the Local Landcare Coordinator Role:
The core role of the Local Coordinator is that of a coordinator and enabler of Community Landcare and Landcare organisations. The Local Coordinator is charged with empowering Landcare to achieve their own goals in alignment with those of the NSW Landcare Program 2019-2023 (https://landcarensw.org.au/nsw-landcare-program-2019-2023/).
The Local Coordinator will assist their Landcare networks and groups to directly interact with Landcare and agencies at the local district and network scale. They will focus on supporting Landcare organisations to enable participation in Landcare by individuals and subgroups. Their outcomes will be measured directly against key accountabilities.
Local Coordinators will work with their specific host organisations and the other Landcare groups/organisations across their regions to increase the capacity of these groups to deliver against the outcomes of the Program.
Local Coordinators will be expected to collaborate with a range of Landcare support mechanisms including other Local Coordinators, Regional Coordinators, Landcare Committees and Local Land Services.
The Local Coordinator is not a Project Officer, solely responsible for the delivery of other grant funded projects, however, should be a resource for Landcare to effectively partner, attract project funding and to empower successful delivery.
Key Accountabilities of the Local Landcare Coordinator:
· Support volunteer engagement and coordinate participation in natural resource management activities that address critical agricultural sustainability and environmental issues
· Support increased community engagement in Landcare with a particular focus on engagement with under 35-year-olds.
· Support increased governance and organisational process in Landcare organisations in their region. A knowledge of Salesforce would be useful.
· Providing support to groups, networks and landholders
· Undertake planning, develop partnerships and secure resourcing through project grants and other sources
· Support improvements in stability and long-term viability of Landcare in their region
· Work with Regional Coordinators to support the development and implementation of a Regional Priority Plan
· Embrace fee-for-service opportunities
· Facilitate linkages between Landcare activities/projects and Local Land Services and Landcare NSW strategic objectives
· Participation in and delivery of regional and state Community-of-Practice
· Monitor, evaluate and report on program outcomes.
Key Challenges for the Local Landcare Coordinator:
· Role is not specifically for the purpose of management of other funding programs, grants or projects
· Management of expectations of local Host Committee and those of other Landcare Communities within the Local Coordinator’s region
· Management of time and on ground funding constraints
· Management of part time role
· Management of priorities between delivery of on ground outcomes and service to Landcare community and program requirements such as reporting and attendance at Community-of-Practice events.
Key Relationships of the Local Landcare Coordinator:
· Host organisation committee
· Other Landcare Coordinators in their Region and across NSW
· Regional Landcare Coordinator
· Other Landcare staff
· Other Landcare Community members
· Local Land Services staff
· Local government Bushcare and biodiversity officers
· Program Management Team of the NSW Landcare Program
· Other potential partner stakeholders.
Capabilities and Focus Capabilities of a Local Landcare Coordinator:
More information please read more here.
To apply submit your resume and application responding to the Focus Capabilities as described above to
Contract length: 28 months
Application Deadline: 07/03/2021
Expected Start Date: 15/03/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $79,297.00 per year
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- Australian driver's licence (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitising, disinfecting or cleaning procedures in place