Our Club Exhibition
This year we are planning to hold an exhibition at Reyburn house in November. All our images must be ready by the 4th of November club night. Entry is open to all club members and you can choose two images of your own that you love. We know that the exhibition area holds about 30 images and if we are over subscribed this may go down to one image each.
15 November to 5 December 2021
You may drop your prints off and any items for the raffle at Pam's place before the 4 November, 13 Bedlington Street Whangarei. Please text her first 027-3212152
Here is the information you need to know.
1. The club owns 30 frames that we will use. The frames hold an A3 size print (29.7 cm x 42 cm). When pricing your image for sale, please factor in the cost of $8.00 which the club will take to replace the frame. There is also a commission charged by Reyburn house (which is standard) there will be more on this closer to the time.
2. Some photographers prefer to have a matt (cardboard edge) against the glass and the image inside of this. The matts we order in allow you to print an image 10x15inches. There will be an over lap of about 10mm (1cm) so make sure nothing important is sitting hard against the edge.
3. 10x15inches has the same crop ratio as a standard 4x6 image.
4. Let me know asap if you would like a matt ordered for you, either black or white. I am not sure of the exact cost but generaly it is between $7-$15. This depends on where the matts come from and this depends on the numbers required.
5. If your image is not a standard size you can print and order a matt to fit- just make sure the outside edge is A3 size. There are a couple of places in town that do this and I can recommend email@example.com based in Ruakaka.
6. Printing Options
a. Neal Martin - Photo Enhancements
2AParahaki St, Regent, Whangarei 0112 http://www.photorestoration.co.nz/co
He will be able to print the image any size you want. This would be perfect if you did not want to put a cardboard edge (or Matt) around the outside of your image in the frame.
Simply crop your image in your software of choice to the size given (29.7cm x 42cm) and he will make this happen, the advantage of using Neal is that you can see your image on his screen and see what it will look like printed. Neal has 1:1 screen which is very helpful.
Going to Neal will mean you have the best quality print for just a small cost increase.
Tell him you are from camera club (discount applies) you need to allow a couple of days for printing.
b. If you take your image to Harvey Norman or the Stationery Warehouse, the biggest you can print is 10x15 inches. This is the same ratio as a 4x6 image. Which means if you have a 4x6 image you can print it at 10 x15. Which will allow you to have a matt added to the image.
Contact for ordering bulk matts.