Dear Wine Lover,
Presenting one of the best-kept secrets in modern Burgundy, the sumptuous white from Domaine Fourrier:
2020 Domaine Fourrier Bourgogne Blanc, Burgundy, France, 6x750ml
HKD $550 per bottle
Available In 6 Bottle Original Cartons
- 100% Chardonnay.
- Pre-arrival - 4 to 6 week lead time
- Price includes insured air-freight and local delivery
- Available in 6 bottle original cartons
- Pace HK installment and discounts apply
- "Medium-bodied, lively and charming, the 2020 Bourgogne Blanc is a pretty, giving wine evocative of white flowers and musky peach. It will drink well on release."
- Regarding 2020 vintage - "the wines bear the vintage signature of deep, saturated hues and lively acids, despite the warm conditions"
87/100 William Kelley for The Wine Advocate/Robertparker.com
A Gevrey domaine now in its 4th generation of family ownership under proprietor Jean Marie Fourrier, who took over in 1994 fresh from his studies with Henri Jayer in Vosne-Romanee and Domaine Drouhin in Oregon. Jean Marie’s tenure has been has been more about consolidation, refinement and perfection rather than innovation. After having inherited 10 ha. of vines averaging 70-80 years of age in highly sought after 1er Crus like Clos St. Jacques and with precious slices of Grand Crus such as Griotte-Chambertin, what else needs doing apart from letting the vineyards speak for themselves? For this reason Jean-Marie’s activity in the vineyard is meticulous, his fermentations gentle and natural, and his use of new oak restrained (20% across the estate range). In his words, when in barrel ‘the wines make themselves’.