What's New in DNA This Week?
1. Genome Mate Pro Series by Leah Larkin
Leah Larkin, Ph.D., author of The DNA Geek, has an ongoing series helping people install and understand Genome Mate Pro. Genome Mate Pro (also called "GMP") is a computer program that helps you manage the data collected from autosomal DNA testing.
GMP has a steep learning curve, so this is an essential series to get you up to speed. Additionally, GMP just released a fully revised version, so this series will help you understand any changes.
The series, currently at Part 6, begins with HERE with Part 1. According to the blog, it appears the series will have a total of 10 blog posts.
2. I4GG Scheduled for Fall 2018!
The Institute for Genetic Genealogy (I4GG) is one of the most intense DNA conferences held every year! Organized by CeCe Moore and DNA Detectives, this 3-day event features the best DNA speakers from all over the world.
This year, I4GG will be held in San Diego, California on December 7-9th, 2018. The schedule is not yet finalized, but you can register HERE for the event!
3. Family Tree University Virtual DNA Conference
Family Tree University has organized a 4-day Virtual DNA Conference June 21-24th, 2018. The 4-Day Virtual DNA Conference includes:
The course is $149.99, and you can register HERE.
- Live keynote and Q&A with Roberta Estes (30 minutes)
- Phasing with Roberta Estes (30 minute video presentation)
- Triangulation Tools with Roberta Estes (30 minute video presentation)
- Deep DNA Analysis Tools with Shannon Combs-Bennett (60 minute recorded webinar)
- DNA Solutions to Real Life Research Problems with Blaine Bettinger (30 minute presentation)
- DNA Mismatch: Conflicts in Your Family Tree with Blaine Bettinger (30 minute presentation)
- Plus, 4 PDF research guides by expert DNA consultant, Diahan Southard.
- Discussion boards and more!
4. Father's Day DNA Sales Continue (But Not Long!)
Each of the testing companies is offering Father's Day sales. It's not clear if all of these sales are available outside the U.S., so check to see whether there are discounts for your home country. These are the U.S. prices in U.S. dollars:
- 23andMe: $79 - ends June 17th
- AncestryDNA: $69 - ends June 18th
- Family Tree DNA: $59 for Family Finder, and discounts on all Y-DNA products - ends June 18th
- Living DNA: $79
- MyHeritage: $59 - ends June 17th
Take advantage of these sales before they're gone!