We are nearing our last meeting of the Guild year, so here are several reminders for you:
Membership Dues Renewals
- Membership dues can be paid by mail or at the November Guild meeting. The membership committee will be ready to take your dues renewal form as well as the $40 for membership renewal.
- If you have paid your dues through the mail, you can pick up your membership card at the at the membership desk. If it is not picked up at the November meeting, it will be mailed to you.
- Remember that you receive a discount if you purchase / renew your dues before December 31. After that time, you will pay $50 for the Guild year.
- Committees are being formed for our next Guild year. If you wish to be a part of a committee, please contact Nancy Anderson, President Elect. Committee membership needs to be finalized by December 31 or earlier.
Click here for Committee information.
- Did you know we have over 650 books that belong to the Guild? If you have checked one of the books out, please return at the November meeting. In addition, you should have received a survey requested by the Librarians to get your feedback regarding books, a potential book sale to refresh the selection, and increasing interest in books.
- Please respond to the survey as it will help our librarians plan for 2023.
- Volunteers are needed for Art Market at the IQM on November 18-19, 2022. This is a fun time with 15+ vendors / artists as well as the Friends table which will be overflowing with items—especially good for your holiday shopping. Please contact Sheila Green if you are interested in volunteering. The Art Market hours are:
- Friday, November 18 from 1 – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 19 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
November Speaker and 2023 Speaker & Workshop Schedule
The speaker at our November 14th meeting will be Linzee McCray, and the topic will be “The Story of Feedsacks”. I have several quilts made by my great grandmother in the 1920’s from feedsacks so I am anxious to hear the presentation. There will be no workshop this month.
At the meeting you will also receive the list of speakers and workshops for the 2023 Guild year.
Pick up your fabric for the anniversary block
A fat eighth will be available to any member who would like to design and make a small quilt celebrating our 50th anniversary. The only guidelines are to use your imagination, use the fabric and make the piece no larger than 72” in perimeter. We will show these wonderful pieces of work at our June meeting during member appreciation.
Isles Sale – March 2023
And finally, as you work inside your sewing room over the winter months, be sure to set aside the fabric that you may want to donate to the Isles Sale. Although we don’t yet have the final date, we anticipate it will be in March at the Isles in Havelock. Collections for the fabric will take place at the March meeting.