A Note from President Connie Soucie
Information about the workshop for August “Fabulous Freeform” can be viewed at this link. Registration is open for the August class. Send completed registration form and a check payable to LQG for the reduced price of $30.00 to:
The workshop location will be at the College View Seventh Day Adventist Church --- 4801 Prescott Avenue. Attendees will be in Heartland Hall A on the main floor. For current members this is a portion of our normal meeting room.
- Lynn Willey, 7556 Nashway Road, Lincoln, NE 68516, or
- If you have questions, please contact Lynn, Program Co-Chair at (402) 617-8649
- Remember: Register by July 29 for Dana Jones Fabulous Freeform class and pay only $30.00!!
Lancaster County Super Fair is this week. Be sure to visit the quilt exhibit to see the beautiful quilts. The Lincoln Quilt Guild has provided a ribbon for the 2022 winner / Judge’s Choice along with a monetary award.
Minutes of the Last Meeting
Lincoln Quilters Guild Meeting
Monday, July 11, 2022 - 7:00 p.m.
President Connie Soucie called the meeting to order and welcomed members and guests.
- Ninety-one members were present and five guests.
- New, renewing Guild members were:
- Minutes of the May 2022 meeting were included in the Plain Print. There were no changes, the minutes were approved as sent.
- Treasurer’s report for the months of April & May 2022 was also included in Plain Print. There were no corrections. The report will be filed by the president for audit.
- The membership survey results were provided in our most recent newsletter. Please take time to review the results and comments. You can provide your feedback and any other ideas to a board member or send them directly to Connie. As mentioned in the survey introduction, the information was very helpful in hearing what you are thinking and to frame the budget preparation for 2023 / 2024 which is in process now.
President-Elect Announcements - Nancy Anderson
- The 50th anniversary celebration committee (for 2023) is starting to brainstorm ideas. If you would like your ideas, please contact Lisa Burham.
- The Nebraska State Quilt Guild will be hosting Quilt Nebraska 2022 from July 21 – 24 in Kearney, NE. Although registration for classes may be full, you can still visit the vendors and view the quilts. More information is on the NSQG website.
- October 7th & 8th will be the 17th Annual Threads Across Nebraska.
- Sheila Green is the featured quilter.
- The Threads Across Nebraska committee has invited our guild to be a part of this event and has asked us to provide quilts for the show. If interested in submitting a quilt, please contact Nancy Anderson.
- The IQM will continue the potholder project for the museum gift shop. Specifications for the potholders are on fliers on the information table.
- Quilts and Volunteers are still needed for the Lancaster County Super Fair. For quilt entries go to the Lancaster County Super Fair. A flier is on the information table in the back regarding dates, roles, and contact information to sign up as a volunteer. Sheila Green has sign-up sheets if you would like to sign up tonight.
- Please be sure to visit the information table in the back for other announcements and cards.
- It is the time of year where we see small local quilt shows being held. There is one this Saturday, July 16, called Wolfe Country Quilt Show & Garden Walk. It will take place in Bennington, NE (1709 County Road 21).
- Nametag Recognition – Rosalind Carr
Jerry Lee Jensen
- Bernina give away – Linda Gale (for Kathy Schmitter)
Michelle Dagerman (Guest)
- Raffle Quilt – Vicky Skuodas
Raffle Quilt 2022 "Best In Show"
- Hand appliqued by Millie Fauquet, Hand Quilted by Jaynee Wolfe 48” x 56”
- Block of the Month pattern “Summer’s End” by Maggie Walker
- Raffle ticket drawn on June 13, 2022, and won by Nancy Anderson
- $2 Tickets sold: 418 for $836 plus $4 in donations. Total $840
- Cost to print raffle tickets $194.98
- Profit = $ 645.02
- The template for the ticket can be obtained from Vicky if needed for the future.
- Awards Committee – Jaynee Wolf
- It is the time of year to take a close look at our fellow guild members and nominate deserving quilters for our annual awards.
- September 1 is the deadline for the forms to be turned in to our president or mailed to:
- LQG Awards
PO Box 6861
Lincoln, NE 68506
- Forms can be printed from the LQG website or requested from Jaynee Wolfe.
- The Awards are:
- Shining Star: LQG member for a single contribution or ongoing project for the guild.
- Bright Star – LQG member for consistent achievement and continuing involvement for the betterment of the guild over a period of time.
- Life Member – Highest honor for lifetime achievement and significant contribution to the guild.
- An award nominee must receive more than on nomination before an award is given. If more than on LQG member signs a nomination form, each member is considered a separate nomination.
- Awards Committee Members are Jaynee Wolfe, Carol Curtis, Sue Lundy, Carolyn Garner.
- IQM Liaison – Sandy Hanson
- All exhibits have stayed the same at the International Quilt Museum.
- The Mary Ann Beavers Terrace Gallery has the hanging “Facets on Fire” by MJ Kinman. This exhibit will hang through August 6, 2022.
- The Peg Coryell Gallery has “From the Studio: An Evolving Vision from the James Collection.” These quilts will be up through October 12, 2022.
- Remaining in the Doris Von Seggern Gallery is the “Evolving Vision: Classics” quits display, including the Reconciliation quilt. The show will remain through October 12, 2022.
- The West Gallery continues showing the “Red and White Quilts” from the Joanna Rose Collection and will be hanging though September 10, 2022.
- On the main floor the small gallery continues Joan Schulze’s Winter of Lace through November 5, 2022.
- IQM Art Market is November 18 and 19. Donations for the Friends of the IQM table are starting to be collected. Artwork, decor items, fabric, notions, aprons, quilts, quilt tops, quilt blocks, quilt kits, knitted or crocheted items, and other hand-made items (potholders, coasters, wine bottle covers, table runners, placemats, etc.) will be welcomed. No books, magazines or patterns are being accepted. Donations can be taken to IQM or turned in at the LQM meetings to either Sandy Hanson, June Pederson, or Connie Soucie.
- If you are willing to make and donate potholders/hot pads to the IQM Gift Shop, they sell well and assist in meeting the budget at the IQM for staff, exhibits and various needs at the museum. These can also be turned in at the IQM or at LQG meetings to Sandy, June, or Connie.
- Mini Quilt Raffle - Natalie Cummings - Money Raised $106.00
||Wall Hanging/Table Topper
||Jo Morton Fat Quarters
|Cotton Gaskins (deceased)
||Book and Flannel
||Civil War Layer Cake
||Book and Fabric
- Programs – Lynn Willey & Patrice Steiner - Lynn introduced Gyleen Fitzgerald as the evening speaker. Lynn shared with the group that Chris Taylor was generously offering her spot in the workshop on Tuesday to any guild member who would like to attend. Gyleen presented an engaging lecture and trunk show featuring polygon quilts.
Connie thanked Gyleen for her wonderful presentation.
Connie adjourned at 8:40 for show and tell.
Respectfully Submitted: Deb Peck, Secretary