Introducing Your 2017-18...
‣ Yolanda Alfaro, President (pictured here!)
‣ Ashlee Redmond, Executive VP
‣ Michael La Rosa, VP Finance
‣ Caroline Wrobel, VP Internal
‣ Jack McCrossin & Scarlett Zhang, Social Directors
‣ Leo Jiang & Johnny Mastromarco, Athletics Directors
‣ Sarah Chocano & Andrew Zhao, Equity & Outreach Directors
‣ Paula Marino, Cluds & Merchandise Director
‣ Jericho Allick & Brandon Liu, Off-Campus Students' Reps
‣ Lanson Van Dyke, Graduating Students' Rep
‣ Amal Ismail-Ladak, UTSU Innis College Director
(View the full election results here)
‣ Brianne Katz-Griffin, Leadership & IN2U
...AND INNIS OSL PROGRAMMING CHAIRS & AMBASSADORS!
‣ Evelyn Li, Academic Skills for Success
‣ Scarlett Zhang, Career Engagement
‣ Sarah Laudenbach & Oreoluwa Adara, Diversity & Multiculturalism
‣ Jessica Scott, Service Learning & Volunteerism
‣ Sara Liu & Amy Chen, Arts & Culture
‣ Kalissa Duong & Sequoia Richards, Health & Wellness
‣ Sabrina Jia & Louise Lu, International Ambassadors
‣ Stephanie Marton & Alicia Hill-Turner, Engineering Ambassadors
‣ Malvika Nair & Lily Yang, Social Innovation Ambassadors
(See a full list of newly-elected Innis leaders here)
Office of Student Life
IN2U TRANSITIONS & DEAN'S LEADERSHIP LUNCHEON
The last IN2U of 2016-17 is happening on Apr 8 in the Innis Events Room and everyone is welcome to attend!
It will be a day of skill-developing and reflective sessions geared to those entering or departing student leadership positions. It is the last step towards having your position validated on your CCR. Lunch will be provided.
>>Deadline: Wed 5 Apr at noon | Register online
Applications for our Innis College Leadership Awards are due on Apr 6. These awards recognize leadership in many contexts: the College, the University, your communities, and your workplaces. There are awards for both returning and graduating students, and there are also awards for students who either currently live or have lived in the Innis Residence.
INNIS LEADERSHIP AWARD APPLICATIONS
We strongly encourage you to review these awards and consider submitting an application. If you have questions, email the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
>>Deadline: Thurs 6 Apr at 11:59pm | Apply online
REPRESENT STUDENT LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
On Apr 29 & 30, Represent, the largest annual student leadership conference at U of T for elected/appointed student representatives will be held at Hart House. This year’s theme is “It Starts with Us”. The cost is $25 (includes meals). Learn more on the FB page.
>>Deadline: Apr 17 at 9am | Register online
Academic Skills for Success
The Academic Success Centre has been offering a diverse series of workshops this term. The final session is on Exam Preparation & Anxiety. Register on the CLN today!
>>Wed 5 Apr at 5:15pm in the Blackburn Room at Robarts
Come to Exam Jam for course review sessions (with Profs!), open study space, free snacks and coffee, and free, fun, and active stuff. All are welcome!
REVIEW, REFRESH, DE-STRESS!
>>Thurs 6 Apr throughout the day in Sid Smith
Arts & Culture
STUDENT ENGAGEMENT IN THE ARTS AWARD RECIPIENTS
Congratulations the three (!!!) Innis students, who have been awarded Student Engagement in the Arts Awards: Miranda Lees, Tian Nie, and Terese Pierre. Learn more about their incredible contributions to the arts here!
NEXT STEPS CONFERENCE
Attention all senior Arts & Science students! Register today for this free, intensive, two-day conference that is part career exploration, part preparation for life after graduation, and a great way for students to start building their professional networks.
>>Apr 28 & 29 at Chestnut Residence | Register online
EMBEDDED ADVISOR UPDATE
Whether you’re looking for work, considering future career options, or just starting to think about life after graduation, the Career Centre has resources, workshops, and support for you.
Diversity & Service
LEAD WITH PRIDE CO-CHAIR APPLICATIONS
Interested in planning LGBTQ+ programming at U of T? Looking for a unique and engaging student leadership position? The SGDO is looking for new Lead with Pride Co-Chairs for the 2017-18 year! Your role would be to provide leadership and direction to the planning of the Executive Jumpstart conference in Jul/Aug 2017 and the annual Lead with Pride conference in Feb 2018. Past participation is not required.
>>Deadline: Apr 12 at noon | Apply online
Health & Wellness
CAMH: ONE BRAVE NIGHT FOR MENTAL HEALTH
On Apr 8, a Guiness World Record will be attempted on St. George Campus! In partnership with CAMH’s One Brave Night, MoveU, KPE, and Hart House, the U of T community will be raising awareness for mental health through a series of events:
>>Sat 8 Apr on Back Campus
- 9:30 am: Speakers share their mental health stories
- 10 am: 1 km walk / 5 km run
- 11 am: World record attempt on Back Campus (SW corner of Tower Rd. & Hoskin Ave.), where everyone will create the longest chain of people making heart-shaped hand gestures!
Visit the CAMH One Brave Night website for information, to donate, and to register for free.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNING (ELL) PROGRAM
The ELL Program will offer a non-credit course, ELL011H1F - Intensive Academic English, from May 1 - 10. Focus on enhancing your English for scholarly reading, academic writing, oral presentations, and more. Register for this FREE course on ACORN along with your Summer 2017 courses.
InSIGHT End of Year SOCIAL
Come out to InSIGHT's last event of the year! They will have board games, music, snacks, a dessert bar, and study packages! Learn more here.
>>Wed 5 Apr from 5 - 8 pm in the Innis Events Room
INNIS ALUMNI MENTORSHIP WRAP-UP DINNER
Are you a mentee in the Innis Alumni Mentorship Program? Look for your e-vite to the end of year dinner, which will be held on Thurs 6 Apr!
Innis College Student Society
ICSS PRESENTS: INNIS BANG!
It's time to end the year off with Innis BANG! It is an annual tradition, and the biggest pub night of the year! Come out for a night of fun with great friends before exams take over our lives.
>>Fri 7 Apr at 7 pm at The Office Pub on King St.
INNIS ORIENTATION LEADER APPLICATIONS
Hey Innis! Now that Executive applications have closed, the ICSS is looking to hire leaders for Orientation Week 2017!
>>Deadline: Apr 9 at 6 pm | Apply online
If you have any questions feel free to email Elissa and Steph at email@example.com.
*Note: If you applied to be an Executive you do not need to fill out the application to be considered.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR 2017-18 INNIS RESIDENCE COUNCIL & DONS!
‣ Miranda Lees, IRC President
‣ Andrew Zhao, IRC Treasurer
‣ Ethan Kim, IRC Social Convener
‣ Ethan Wong, IRC Secretary
‣ James An, Residence Don
‣ James Chapman, Transition & Support Don
‣ Graham Coulter, Residence Don
‣ Allie Hayes, Residence Don
‣ Daria Mancino, Residence Don
‣ Lesli Ransom, Residence Don
‣ Victoria Wilson, Residence Don
>>Wed 5 Apr:
• Last day of classes in S and Y section code courses
• Term work in S and Y section code courses must be submitted unless an earlier date has been stipulated
• Last day to request LWD from S and Y section code courses
>>Thurs 6 Apr:
• Course enrolment begins for 2017 Summer
Click here for the most recent edition of the Registrar's Office eNewsletter to get important information about sessional dates, award applications, academic workshops, what financial aid is available, and more!